epilogue

From: xxx-xxx-xxx
To: Malia Fontana

I finally got your number. I want to know if you're doing well back in Australia because I miss you already. I often wonder how you are already because I have no idea, but im pretty sure you're doing well because you deserve that, love.

As for me, I am doing well. I'm currently living in Dortmund, trying out my luck in this new adventure. Football is the only thing keeping me alive. I hate the fact that in the eyes of Melissa's friends, im the bad guy. They don't even know what she did to me. Sucks, I know. Thank god im still friends with my Barca teammates, they still support me every step of the way.

So I went to the mall today, there was this girl who looked like you but I shrugged it off, maybe I was just hallucinating because I still miss you. 

You're one hard girl to forget, but maybe moving on is the key for me to be happy again.

When things fell apart, I thought of how in the world I was going to fix what I did. But too late, I didn't get to fix the mess I made. I know I've cause you pain, I take full responsibility for that, I hope you'll forgive me.

Thank you for making me realize a lot of stuff, and for helping me bring back the most important person I forgot a long time ago: the old me.

I wish I could see you again in person, so I could tell you everything. 

I miss you.

- Marc xx

To: xxx-xxx-xxx
From: Malia Fontana  

Have we met before? Or is this sent to the wrong person?

From: xxx-xxx-xxx
To: Malia Fontana

Yes? It's Marc Bartra.

To: xxx-xxx-xxx
From: Malia Fontana

Sorry, I haven't met any Marc Bartra before.