Chapter 1

"Mels!" I hear my name being called out. Well actually my actual name is Melody, but that is my nickname; mel. I see a girl with soft auburn curls, and green eyes, with tan skin. "Gabby!" I wave at her and she walks up to me.

"I almost lost you! And on the first day of school." I laugh. "I'm sorry, I didn't expect you to get here so late." I say. She pouts, "well my brother was hogging the bathroom, unbelievable." She rolls her eyes. Her brother, Jonah. He is quite egotistical. Oh, and also one of the school's football players. He definitly isn't the normal guy who just enjoys sports, but more of to get attention from the ladies.

I roll my eyes in response. Gabby laughs, "he takes longer to get ready than me! And I'm a girl." She says. I laugh,"true." I then hear a crowd of gasps, and I turn to look to see. Girls eyes popping out of their heads and whispering to one another, giggling, at one of the hottest guys I've seen. His hair was brown, messy but he could pull of the messy hair look. You could see his well sculpted body underneath his plain, white t-shirt. I knew he could tell that he was some eye candy.

"Who is he?" I gawk, staring at the sexy creature. Gabby scowls, "Chase Grant, notorious player, but also one of the hottest guys in school." All he had to do was smile in any of the girls direction, and they go falling. He comes walking towards me, staring directly at me. One of the hottest guys, eyeing me? Well this doesn't happen often, I'm about as plain as sugar-free yogurt.

He stands in front of me, "um, your in front of my locker." He says. I snap out of my daze, "sorry." I mumble. He weakly smiles and I stand out of the way. "Why haven't I noticed him before?" I ask Gabby. "I don't know, probably too busy gawking at other guys." I frown, "hey! I'm single what else am I supposed to do?" I say laughing. She rolls her eyes.

"Cmon lets go before were late." Gabby says dragging me by the arm. We enter first period, which was history. We were one of the first few people who were already here. I just happen to have this class with Gabby.

After awhile people begin entering, people who I don't talk to usually. Our teacher walks in smiling, "hello class, I am Mrs Johnson." A woman who has a tight bun, and a dress on says, "uptight old lady". Great I can tell this lady is going to be "fun".

"We will begin class with a review packet from last year." She says, passing papers out. The door slams open revealing the one and only, Chase. "You're late." Mrs Johnson says sternly. "Sorry." He says, smirking. "I was kind of lost." He shrugs, sitting in a desk nearby me. She shakes her head continueing to pass papers out.

Chase looks at me still smirking. It wasn't just a glance, but a uncomfortable long stare. I turn to look at him,"why are you staring at me?" I say bluntly I'm not a typical shy girl, I don't care what I say that's on my mind. "A pretty girl." Is his response. I raise a eyebrow, looking beside me to see if he was talking about gabby -who was sitting beside me- or someone else. He rolls his eyes, "I'm talking to you." He says. I laugh, "oh okay." He frowns at me, "what?" I just shake my head, "you'll have to do more than that to impress me." I shake my head at his obvious flirting.

He smirks, "isn't that what I'm known for, flirting with girls?"

Mrs Johnson clears her throat, "is there something you two should tell me?" She says, sternly looking in our direction. I shake my head and so does Chase. "Good, then remain quiet." She says. I stare at the packet I got, finding the questions easy. I fill it out quickly feeling accomplished. Chase pulls his phone out, scrolling through. Wow he isn't even going to do his work, what a suprise.

After awhile Mrs Johsnon comes to collect the packets, stopping at Chase. "Mr. Grant, why haven't you completed your work?" She says. Chase shrugs making her angry. "I'm afraid I will have you to complete it in dentition." She says. He just shakes his head in response.

I roll my eyes, and she collects my packet.

•••

"So you and Chase eh?" Gabby says, raising her eyebrows. "Oh hell no, he may be cute but he is too full of himself." I say. She laughs, "sure." We get a plate of slop on our trays. I groan looking at the unknown substance. We take a seat at a luckily empty table.

"There's no way I'm liking a guy who has just about done every girl here." I say with a laugh. "I'm not that dumb." Gabby rolls her eyes, "maybe you could change him?" She says. I choke on the air, "ha! That boy has every girl wrapped around his finger, and that's what he enjoys. He isn't committed to nothing!" I say. I know I haven't met him for long, but I am good at telling who a person is, my judgement is typically correct.

"I'm sure you could somehow change him with your bad attitude." She says. I roll my eyes this time, "there's no way. He likes one night stands and that's how it'll always be" I say. Speak of the devil, he comes through the crowd earning long stares from girls. He sits with his crowd, which we're all equally like him. "Melody, I bet you could." She says. Oh no, my weakness. I've always been competitive when it comes to bets. "Plus he seems into you." She says with a smile.

"What will I gain?" I ask. Gabby sits in thought for a second, "hm, how about..." she looks around trying to conjure up an idea. She returns her eyes back to me with a devilish smile, " if you successfully break Chase by the end of the school year, I'll reward you with 100 dollars." She holds out her hand. I know that she is legitimate because her family is rather wealthy and she gets a 100 dollar allowance every month for herself.

I raise a eyebrow glancing the direction of him, seeing his hands on some blonde bimbo. "I might have to consider this challenge." I say. I'm always up for a good challenge, especially a difficult one like Chase and plus a 100 damn dollars! "You're so competitive." Gabby says laughing a little. "That I am." I say in agreement.

"Challenge accepted." I say.

___________________________

Hello so yes this is a new story haha! I think I'm going to really enjoy writing it.

What do you guys think? Please tell me if you like the idea of this story!

Til next time xx