Chapter 4

Me and Aunty Roop were the last to join the dinner table. Everyone sat looking in the center all quite, waiting for Dahda Ji to begin digging into the delicious food. 

Buthe looked like he had something to say.

"Before we all begin to eat, I would like to say something. I know whatever happened in the afternoon wasn't pleasant but I want my daughter to know that her family still loves her and with that everyone should forgive her, including myself. She is here to visit us and we shouldn't make her feel uncomfortable. So Roop please forgot what has happened and enjoy your stay"

And with those words he gave a slight smile to Aunty Roop and began toeat, followed by everyone else. Dahdi seemed to not care much on what happened in the afternoon but she seemed more concerned about Sharon and Diya.

Suddenly that reminded me, how was I supposed to make these girls learn about our culture? Right now looking around the table, everyone was using their hands to eat and only two people are spotted with using forks.How were they going to survive a month with us? I bet they don't even know that they have to wake up early tomorrow or that wearing jeans and sleeveless tops around the house won't last long.

Soto begin with I might ask Disha for help. After the most weirdest dinner, I headed to the terrace also known as the chill out area, to talk to Disha. She was staring at the stars and I wondered if she was imaging life in the city. It made me curious and so I had to bug in.

"So hows life in the city going, found any guy yet?"

"You think I am stupid enough to be dreaming about this?", she shook the smile off her face.

"I thought you could be possibly thinking about it, because I know I was. Just imagine how fun it would be going to college, meeting new people, going to cool places. Don't you want to be living that life even for just a minute".

"Simi this isn't a Bollywood movie, where you want something and suddenly you are able to get it. This is reality where our future is decided by our elders, we have no say".

"Aha!Now my best cousin, that's where you are very wrong! From today onwards, we are going to take the future in our own hands."

Disha was confused. Her facial expressions changed in just a second. She looked angry, "Are you crazy? Have you gone insane, or drank some of Veer's bottle of alcohol? You know if he finds out you are so dead and don't expect me to cover up for you"

"No!,Disha! Please hear me out. Me and Aunty Roop have a plan, well I don't know the plan yet, but she does. But before we could try out the plan, she wants us to help her daughters adjust to our lifestyle,which I know is crazy, but I really want to go to Mumbai with her. So please will you help me. Don't say no, because I'll keep begging until I hear a yes!"

"No Simi! Seriously no plan of yours work, It's Dahda Ji we will be messing with. If he finds out, not only will Aunty Roop be kicked out of the house, but we might be never allowed to walk out this house.Please come to you're senses and wake up. A dream is a dream, that's the furthest we can go."

"Come on Disha, Don't you want this as well. I know you also want to go to Mumbai, but you're too scared to even let the thought out. If you just give me a little hand and help me with those brats, I promise even if we get in trouble, I'll keep you out of this. Just please say yes for Aunty Roop's sake"

Disha required a lot of convincing and I had no other methods left to make her say yes. I needed her help, I can't do all this on my own. Please say yes Disha.

"If I help you, promise me you won't mention the city again. Promise me that you will forget about ever wanting to see the world outside this village".

"Disha you have lost it, you do realise that helping me means we are a step closer to fulfilling our dreams".

"But I am scared, what if the plan doesn't work out? I can't even imagine what's going to happen after. I don't envy going to the city as much as you do but to crash you're dreams is unfair. It it means it'll keep you happy, I'll help you out".

Finally she agreed. "So mission Mumbai be prepared", I was so happy and couldn't resist but give Disha a big hug.