Chapter 12

So...it's been 3 weeks... I don't even know what happened. School sucks, life sucks, I just didn't have the energy. That's my crap excuse. Pathetic, isn't it? Oh well, better late than never right? *Cautiously holds up shield from tomatoes in readers hands* Right guys...?

Well, here it is! Chapter 12! Sorry about that last cliffhanger, I honestly didn't expect to update so late. Hey, suspense is good though! Bask in it! Okay, go read now :)

       ________________________________________________________________________

I didn’t realize what he was doing to me right away. All I could focus on was the agony that consumed every bone in my body. To be honest, I didn’t even realize where I was anymore, that Xavier was hovering above me, restraining my flailing limbs, doing this to me. All I could process in my hazy mind was how much it hurt.

 I only knew that I had been screaming afterwards, when I couldn’t talk because I’d lost my voice. It felt like I was underwater, and I relied on my instincts alone, not even caring what worked and what didn’t. I couldn’t hear myself scream. I didn’t consciously try to get away from him, but I knew that I was fighting as hard as I could. After that one moment of anguish was over, it seemed like my age had doubled, suddenly understanding some of the agony that the world was capable of thrusting upon me. Of course, they were two completely different kinds of torture, grouped in distinctly separate categories, but the immense amount were similar ideas.

 After that single second, the pleasure poured through my body, like a pitcher of water that drenched my insides and doused the flames of pain instantly. An involuntary moan flowed out of my lips that used to be parted from the pain, but now didn’t close for the opposite reason. My temperature kept rising, like I was getting a fever but otherwise possessed a perfect medical condition. Xavier’s mouth pumped my body full with heat, making me hotter and hotter without any uncomfortable side effects. I didn’t sweat a single bead of moisture. My throat didn’t parch. I didn’t fidget from the unusual warmth. The only noticeable difference was my uneven breathing, and that had half to do with an extremely sexy demon having his lips on my sensitive neck.

An immeasurable amount of time passed. Xavier continued to bore down on my neck, his tongue sometimes teasing the tender flesh before he realized I was going to go into cardiac arrest if he continued his playful torture. He would smirk and wait until I was breathing somewhat normally again before resuming his kissing games.

 I was about to pass out by the time he lifted his head. My neck was cramped from being tilted to the side for so long, but the exposed side was so sensitive that I was afraid to move an inch unless the skin protested the action, either with pain or more pleasure. My eyes had long ago slipped shut. My vocals had made my throat raw from screaming so loudly at the astounding pain that had assaulted me so quickly and intensely at first, no matter how brief it had lasted. I panted in erratic patterns, my chest heaving up and down from the fast, short inhales and exhales.

With seeming reluctance, he pressed one more chaste kiss to the new blemish, pulling away slowly. I pried my eyes open, staring at him incredulously with my flushed face. As I looked into his guiltless expression- bright eyes, relaxed posture, unworried grin- I grasped the fact that he had blazed me; his mark was permanently seared into my skin. I don’t think either of us expected my repercussions.

“You ass!” I screeched, feeling satisfaction at his shocked, apprehensive face that twisted with concern for himself. Good, I thought viciously. He should be afraid. “You idiot! I can’t believe you had the nerve to do that!” I bolted upright into a sitting position, crowding his personal space until our noses brushed so he could see the absolute fury in my eyes.