Chapter 6:Let Go

(Nagashi's POV)

I wake up to the smell of sweet cooked pancakes and hash-browns. I get up from my bed and put on a robe. I walk down the steps and peek into the kitchen. Kebba, making some pancakes either for him or both of us. But it looked like both.

"I didn't know my boy can cook." I laugh as I walk in and pat his back.

He gives me a look of surprise as "to see me" and shakes his head with a smile.

"I would usually do the cooking. Sometimes depending on mothers mood." He says as he takes the food to the table.

He wasn't wearing anything that screams pajamas. He just wore the shorts and socks. It was hot but the floor was very cold.

I sit down and say my prayers. When I finished Kebba was looking at me like I was crazy. I assumed he never did anything like this.

     He was lean yet muscular. His mirror blue eyes of his mother and shiny black hair of hers. The plump lips and the small nose. Everything represented so much of her. The more I look at him, everything remind me of her. There's just something different.

"Something wrong uncle?" He ask as his pupils widen in worry.

     I give him a warm smile and start to eat. He joins along with me with no talk but the clinging of the dishes. There was no conversations in the first place. It's like every problem was never here in the first place. He was just a normal boy like every one else.  He just can't seem to let go of the things given to him.

     "So, Kebba . . . what relationship did you and the people you lived with had?" I ask as I start to clean up after myself.

     "Well . . . I guess me and my sis had a very close relationship. You think we would fight all the time . . . But she was the only one who was there for me, whether if it was too make me smile or not. Me and my dad weren't the best and it wasn't as bad as my mother. And I suppose me and my mom never really had one. We started to grow apart ever since she had Roxana. The things she said . . .  The things she did . . . ever since she was born felt like she was rubbing in the fact that she loves Roxana more then she ever could with me... " He says looking down and playing with his left-overs.

     Such a kid going through such relationships. It's a good thing that he has a good relationship with his sister, problem is who will believe him? Someone must have murdered her. But who could have done that if Kebba wasn't the one?

     "Meet me outside, okay?" I say as I walk over to the backyard.

     Roxy comes by and greets me. A Shiba mixed dog that I've been having. A small puppy to keep me company. Something to help get over everything that I've been through.

     And before I knew it, Kebba came into place. He sat down next to me and got comfortable. Roxy came up and was all over the boy.

     "You called Mr. Nagashi?"

     "Yeah, I've been wanting to ask who was suspicious in your eyes before this party happen."

     He turns his head away from me and avoids my eyes. Thinking into outer space where he was. His facial expressions and thinking was hard to read . . .

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

(Kebba's POV)

     I look over the empty field of nothing. I think and think about that day. Who was acting different that day or who was showing suspicion.

     I guess I can say that one man I saw while walking to View Point. He was oddly near my house, however he wasn't that close for anything to be suspicious. He just seemed like he was waiting for something. There was also my mother. When I went to walk to the city she would usually threaten me with the cops and stuff. However this time she didn't when I left. When was the last time she called me really?

     I turn to look over at Nagashi. He gives me a look of confidence with a warm smile. In fact, he never really told me his first name?

     "Well . . . ?" He asked tilting his head to one side.

     "The only people I could think of, is my mom and a man down my street." I replied.

     He gave me a look when I mentioned a man. He was even more surprised when I mentioned my mom being involved.

     But then he laughed . . .

     He chuckled like an old man would. Shook his head in disbelief and sighs with relif. 

     "It's weird how related you and your mother seem to be. Because when I asked 'who did it' she immediately pointed the finger at her own son. But both of you have some kind of unique sense to explain it in different situations. You're  more convincing then you're mother." He says telling me a story.

     He explained what went down in the interview. Who and what happened and what acted out. Every single detail he said every one of it. However, the way she blamed me was the same as me blaming her. However she framed me meaning she's included. It's easy to tell who now did it. If I'm able to connect the pieces or somehow turn the tables back at her . . . but how?

     I only shake my head at the thought. It's to early to do anything. I would like to see how long my mom would last in this kind of situation.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

     I look through the photo albums of Nagashi. They both looked so young in the photos. There's one where they are at the beach, looking up at the fireworks, and wedding photos. There were letters and photos of their kid. I decided to read some of them and it seemed pretty deep. Nagashi would sometimes catch me reading some and looking through his photo album. But he would tell me story's behind the pictures.

     It was cool living with him. He knows how to be entertaining and be the life of the party. Just how Roxana would be. How frustrating it would be just for him to remind me so much of her. Why her? Why couldn't it be me?

     I start to think and space out when Nagashi was in the middle of his story. He snaps his fingers and say-

     "Something wrong?"

     I only shake my head and smile. I didn't want him to worry about me. He's already helping to much.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
[End]
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

AN:(?I don't know if this is a short fast chapter.)) However little by little Kebba is trying to help himself. Wonder where this story goes!!!!

Anyways, THANKS FOR READING!!!