Don't cross the line

En başından başla

"Here" she heard him say before she felt him hang his warm jacket on her shoulders. Heartfilia shyly smiled and was about to thank her admirer for his kindness but decided otherwise when Loki spoke once more. "Now where is your payment for wearing my favorite jacket?"

"P-pardon?"

"Hmm, how about this?" Loki grinned as he took the glass of milk from her grasp. "This will do" he smirked before he gulped down her drink. In response, Lucy stared at Loki with wide eyes, startled from the sudden actions of the playboy. Then, she glared at him for stealing her morning drink.

Loki sighed in satisfaction after gulping down the contents of the glass. He laughed when he saw his crush pout cutely at him. "You're so cute" he simply said as he playfully pinch Heartfilia's right cheek. Being a sensitive girl she is, the hue on her cheeks continued to darken though her pouting lips remained. She can't help but blush even more when she realized that they just had an indirect kiss.

While watching Loki laugh at himself, Lucy imagined herself shaking her head and tried to convince herself to stop being so flustered about this playboy. Though she can't help but do the opposite. "Lucy! What on earth is wrong with you?!" She scolded herself in her thoughts as she watched the playboy talk.

Normally, she wouldn't feel flustered around him. It's not because of his jacket that is keeping her warm, and it's not because of their indirect kiss -- err- maybe it's because of it, but it's not exactly the reason why she's being flustered so suddenly!

Lucy watched Loki point at a faraway place which she guessed was where he took his morning walk. She continued to watch him talk but did not listen to what he was saying. She was busy trying to figure out what was wrong with her. After all, the only person she knows that can make her feel like this is...

"Natsu..." Heartfilia thought as she stared at Loki's face and observed his features. There is a possibility that the demon disguised as the playboy. But if he did, why would he? Lucy continued to stare at Loki who stopped talking and stared back at her, asking her questions like 'Is there something wrong' and such. Could it be, he disguised as Loki so she would go on a date with him instead? Maybe he disguised himself as Loki so he will be able to escape his punishment for losing the game yesterday.

"Nah, there's no way Natsu will disguise himself as Loki" Lucy thought as she watched the guy scold her for not listening to him. There's no way Natsu will do such thing. Even if he did, she will notice it immediately. And there is no way he will be able to pretend like Loki. She can't imagine Natsu saying sweet words and calling her nicknames like 'beautiful' so early in the morning. Well, she never heard her boyfriend use such words before –except for princess. Anyway, that pinkette always wakes up late. So He disguising as the playboy is definitely off, especially with his attitude.

Not long after, Lucy blinked multiple times upon realizing that the atmosphere between them has become quiet. She can't help but feel guilty for not listening to his blabbering. Lucy felt guiltier when she noticed that Loki has become silent and had his head bowed downward. She was about to apologize to him when he suddenly spoke once more,

"You know, if you keep walking like that at this time of day, you'll really catch a cold" Loki said as he pointed at her bare feet. "I'll hate you if you're doing it on purpose to not go on a date with me" he pouted, disappointment in his hazel eyes as he folded his arms.

"No! It's not what you think!" the blonde immediately replied as she frankly waved her arm. The last thing she wants him to do is hating her. The thought of him getting mad at her was worse than Natsu making fun of her.

There was the time when she made him disappointed of her. And that time was when he invited her to go to a resort in Crocus to celebrate his birthday. Lucy accepted of course. He is her friend and attending such event is very important.