Prologue

Prologue

Savannah's P.O.V.

It was the first day of 7th grade. I had just arrived home yesterday from the all-girls school in London that I had been going to since I was a second grader. After months of begging, my mom finally agreed to let me come back to my hometown and attend school at the local middle school.

I stood in front of my new school, pulling nervously at the bottom hem of my favorite light pink, floral dress that I got back in London. 

Except for my dress and matching sandals, I wasn't the best looking kid. I was an average height with long, frizzy blonde hair, pretty blue eyes hidden behind gawky glasses, bright braces glued to my teeth, and my face was dotted with pubescent red blemishes. On top of all of that I was a bit of a bigger kid, with a baby looking face.

I tightened the straps on my backpack, took a deep breath and walked toward the school, reminding myself to look confident and happy. People like others who look confident and happy.

I walked through the crowded hallways, ducking my head as a football was tossed over me. I scurried over to my locker and fussed with the lock until it popped open. I grabbed my books and stuffed them into my backpack before shoving my locker closed again.

I looked at my schedule and decided that since I still had ten minutes until the first bell rang, I headed over to my homeroom.

I walked into the room and scanned it, my eyes landing on the students sitting on the desks and talking to each other. Finally I found Johnny.

Johnny was the little brother of my older sister's boyfriend. Their love story was one that could be written in a book. Shaun had saved my sister from an abusive boyfriend, and she then forced him and Johnny to move in with us when Shaun had to start taking care of Johnny.

They came from a bad home, and didn't have any money. Johnny and I were best friends when we were little and exchanged letters when I went off to boarding school.

When Shaun and Kaylee went off to college, Johnny moved in with his foster parents. I had seen him on and off over the last five years, but we weren't as close as when we were little. We had stopped exchanging letters at fourth grade, and whenever we saw each other we didn't talk much.

He looked taller than before, and his hair was longer, but his bright blue eyes were still the same. They met mine, and I lifted my hand with a smile to wave.

My smile and hand fell as he gave an almost nonexistent nod in my direction and then turned back to his friends, completely ignoring me. I had to ponder for a second if I had possibly imagined the nod.

I dropped my hand back to down to my side, and my heart sunk as I made my way over to an empty seat in the far corner of the room.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur of start of school year talks from the teachers. Most of them consisted of respect talks and how they were going to prepare us for High School.

By the end of fourth period my stomach was growling, and as soon as I shoved my books into my locker I followed the crowd of students into the cafeteria.

After passing through the line silently, I went over to an empty table and sat down.

About five minutes into my meal I heard someone say, "Savannah."

I turned around and smiled saying, "Hi Johnny."

He smirked at me and lifted his hand up. I was temporarily befuddled, until I felt something cold and wet pouring down over my head and onto my favorite dress.

I stood up as an entire carton of milk dripped down off of my hair onto my dress. I stared in shock up at Johnny who set his carton of milk onto the table next to me. With his condescending smirk he turned and called over his shoulder, "Welcome to the states."

Five minutes later I could be found up in the second story girls bathroom after making a hasty escape from the cafeteria packed with giggling students looking at me and Johnny's friends cheering him on. I sobbed in one of the stalls and pulled out my phone.

I quickly typed in the number and after the first few rings she picked up. Sobbing I said pointedly into the phone, "Mom, book me a ticket back to London tomorrow."

Hey! Here's the prolouge to my new story! Don't worry the story doesn't take place in the mind of an 8th grader. Please vote, comment, and read!

-BabeinBoyland