Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to watermelon_soda for the amazing banner she's made-> 

Note: The following chapter is NOT edited!!! And it's sort of rushed, 'cause I felt bad for not updating in so long. So please forgive me for all the mistakes... and this is still a filler chapter. You'll meet some of her old school friends in the next chapter (civics class with West... gasp)

RECAP (Since it's been so long)

-Ariel comes back and realizes that Belle (her cousin) is dating West (ex-boyfriend, resident player)

-West acts like he likes Kayla... and Kayla acts like she likes West

-Ron (her twin) likes Kayla too

-Belle is starting to feel insecure about her relationship with West

-Ariel still hates West and is sort of mad at Belle (but she's still pretty protective of her)

How long does this woman take?

I tapped an impatient finger on the counter, my nails clanking against the glass. Glancing at the clock, I realized that I was already late for the student orientation.

At this rate, even Ron would be there… I grimaced at the thought of him. And Kayla.

 By the time I had made it through the familiar school entrance, the place was practically deserted. Not wanting Belle to be late (and not wanting to face her), I shooed her away. She was pretty reluctant to do so, though mentioning the fact that she might end up making a bad impression on the new teachers got her up and running.

“Here ya go hun!” The secretary spoke with a Southern drawl as she shoved the piece of paper in my hands. “You betta run! You’re already late for the orientation.”

I wonder who’s fault that is… I bit back a harsh remark.

Barely sneaking a fleeting glance at my schedule, I had already bolted out the door.

The school hasn’t changed at all in the past 2 years I was gone. Still the same cream colored walls, narrow staircases and lack of windows.

I suddenly felt a strong sense of deja vu as I skidded to a halt. 

Exactly 3 years ago, I was in the same position. Wandering around in the halls, trying to find my way to the student orientation. Ironic eh?

Rifting through my file of memories, I finally remembered the gym was located on the 3rd floor.

And 1 minute later, I was standing in front of the familiar doors.

Taking a deep breath, I reassured myself. Calm down Ariel. Calm down. It’s not your first day of school… well not officially. Besides, you have nothing to worry about?

Exhaling, I squared my shoulders and pushed the gym doors open. 

The sight in front of me was exactly like the one in my freshman year. Same bald and gangly principal that rambles on, same banners, same awkward teacher-standing formation, same pack of uncomfortable students… well you get the gist.

Behind me, the door slammed loudly, interrupting principal Baldwin's speech. As if on cue, 500 heads had turned around to look at me. Some gazes neutral, while some were filled with annoyance (ahem, principal).

Awkward. I shifted my weight uncomfortably from my right foot, back to my left foot. 

I quickly recollected myself and rushed towards the back of the crowd, plopping in the nearest empty spot I can find.