Thirteen

ONE WEEK LATER

I felt better. Way better in fact. I still wasn't completely over Antonio's death, obviously, but I was better.

I lay in bed curled up to Nikolai when he nudged me.
"What?"
I asked sleepily. He didn't reply and I opened one eye. He was sweating and his chest was rising quickly.

I sat up quickly and he kept muttering things, tossing and turning. I leaned in close to see what he was whispering.

"Eva."
He kept whispering. Who was Eva?
"NO!"
He sat up yelling, knocking me down. I looked at him and he began panting.
"Nikolai?"
I asked.

He turned to me, fury filled his eyes. They softened when he realized it was me.

"W-what happened?"
He asked, trying to catch his breath.
"You had a nightmare."
I replied and he looked at himself. I rubbed his shoulder and called my courage.

"Who's Eva?"
I asked and he glanced at me.
"How do you know her name?"
He asked turning towards me.
"You kept saying it, during your nightmare."
I replied and he slightly nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?"
I asked him, lightly grabbing his hand.
"Not yet."
He whispered and I nodded, pressing my lips against his forehead.

He sighed and I hugged him tightly. He returned it and pecked my forehead.

I got out of bed and he watched me. I went into the closet and picked out an outfit then walked into the bathroom.

I shut the door and started the shower. I hopped in and quickly washed myself.

**

I sat in the bedroom, reading. Adrien and I went for a walk around the estate while she was on her break after breakfast.

After that I cleaned up the room a bit then found a good book and started reading.

Nikolai walked into the room and shut the door behind him.
"How was your day so far?"
He asked, walking over.

"Kind of boring, how was yours?"
I replied as he sat down next to me.
"Boring also."
He muttered and I nodded. I sighed and closed my book.

I got up and walked over to the small bookshelf Nikolai had put up for me. I set the book up there and Nikolai wrapped his arms around me.

I turned around and looked up at him. I pecked his lips but he leaned down and shoved his lips against mine.

He pressed me against the wall and I gripped his muscular neck. He slowly unbuttoned the back of my dress and I gasped as it dropped to the floor and he kissed my shoulder.

I took off his shirt and his coat, and he kissed my neck before bringing me over to the bed. He lightly tossed me on it then crawled over top of me.

He kept kissing me, and began to trail all over my body and I bit my bottom lip. My eyes were squeezed shut and I hummed to myself.

He suddenly stopped and my eyebrows knotted together.

"You sure you want to go through with this?"
He asked and I shook my head. I thought we were just having a moment. So I told him.

"I wasn't expecting sex out of this. I just thought we were having a moment."
I whispered and he sighed, getting off of me and I stared at him.

He pulled on his shirt and I continued to stare at him.
"Don't get me started unless you plan on going all the way."
He muttered then left after grabbing his suit jacket.

I pulled the cover up onto me and glared down at it.

Jerk. Enormous jerk. Giant jer-

"Hey Em Gem."
Cooper said sitting down on the couch. I pulled the cover around me tighter and stared at him.

"What?"
He asked smirking.
"Nikolai will kill you."
I whispered, glancing at the door and he shrugged.

He walked over and grabbed my dress. He passed it to me before turning around.

I got out of bed and slid into my dress. I stood in front of Cooper and he did the buttons up for me.

"Alright heres the thing. Nikolai has this time where he gets like super super horny. And it's coming up tomorrow. It's like his fucking mating season! I think it's male hormones and another thing, but thats not important. All I'm telling you is that tomorrow he'll be a fucking dog."
Cooper warned and I stared at him. Was he serious?

He couldn't be serious. I rolled my eyes then left to go eat lunch.

•*•*•*•

Everyone was silent as they ate and I felt awkward.
"Why is everyone so quiet?"
I muttered and no one replied, nor looked at me.

I sighed then got up and left to the bedroom. I shut the door and sat down on the bed.

I stared at my hands until the door opened. I looked up at Nikolai and he sighed, shutting the door.

"You're a jerk, you know that."
I announced suddenly and his eyebrow raised.
"Your little comment earlier, thats fucking rude, Nikolai. I'm not some sex robot, ready to fuck at any moment."
I hissed and he remained silent.

"I thought we could just have a heated moment. I get you thought that would lead to sex, but I told you I didn't really want sex when you asked me. Your comment was fucking uneeded and rude."

"You made me feel like I was in the wrong. But you know what, maybe I was. Thinking that we could just have a moment and not sex."
I continued and he stared at me.

"Thats all I wanted to say."
I finished and began to walk away. I headed for the door and opened it, but he grabbed my arm and shut it.

"I'm sorry about what I said and how I acted. I shouldn't have said that, but I don't want you to get me started in case I lose control of myself."
He told me and I stared at him.

"But I am sorry, I was a jerk, you're right. And you're not in the wrong, it's my fault you're upset and I have to own up to that shit."
He apologized and I nodded.

"Thank you."
I muttered and he nodded his head. He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned into him.

He pecked my forehead and I remained silent.