19

"It was nice seeing you again, Thea," Kody said as a small tear slipped down his cheek. 

I laughed and kissed his cheek, hugging his waist tightly before releasing. "I won't be gone forever." 

"That's true," Keith joined in with a smirk. "If you're gone forever though, Xavier will be the first person who we will be hunting down." 

I looked behind to see Xavier send Keith a nod before I felt two pairs of arms engulf my small body. I let a small smile settle on my lips before Keith released me. I have already hugged my mom before she went to work and I knew she was going to burst into tears when she was going to be in her car so I kissed her cheek and notified her that I will come home soon.

For the past two days, the twins, Xavier and I were only chilling in the living room, watching a whole bunch of movies without any distractions for my mom was always at work and my step-dad went to stay over at a friend's place until we left. I was hoping Xavier did not threaten him, although if he didn't, I kind of wished he did. 

"Have a safe drive home, alright?" Kody questioned, arching an eyebrow at Xavier who was busily typing on his phone. "Confiscate that phone soon, Thea." 

I giggled. "I'll text you when I arrive home safely." 

I kissed both of the twins cheeks once more before turning around and walked towards the car where Xavier was holding the passenger door open with a blank expression. I arched an eyebrow at him, wondering what he was thinking about as I got into the car, waving towards the twins as they waved back. I watched Xavier get in the driver's seat before reversing off their driveway. 

I felt an ache in my chest as Xavier started driving down the sun setting road. The sky was patched with colors of pink and oranges, the clouds fading. Silence settled in the car as I made myself comfortable, lowering the top half of the seat as I closed my eyes, feeling exhausted. 

"Xavier," his name escaped my lips, my eyes still closed. 

"Yes?"

"Why did you end up leaving me when we were kids?" I asked, the question just suddenly escaping my lips. 

Opening my eyes, I watch Xavier's grip tightened on the wheel, his knuckles going white as I looked at the wheel in sadness. Xavier let out a shaky breath and kept his eyes on the road. "I didn't want to leave, trust me." 

I raised an eyebrow, bemused. 

"Do you know who my parents are?" Xavier asked. 

I shook my head. "No." 

"My father is a CEO of the Walker's Enterprise that owns half of the States," Xavier said with a scoff. "My mom is a CEO of the most, expensive and popular clothing brand." 

I formed my mouth in a perfect 'o', the pieces now clicking together as I nodded my head silently, realizing that Xavier's a rich person who was way out of my league.

"We left because my father found a better home," Xavier answered my previous question. "That's all I could recall for now." 

Something told me that there was more to that answer but I didn't push it any further, just in case he would get angry and that could lead me being in danger. 

But he wouldn't do anything to hurt me, right? 

"Okay." Was the last word that had completely silenced the both of us. 

After hours of driving, the sky was already black, filled with many bright stars looking down on us as we both got out of Xavier's car. I sighed heavily, taking my suitcase out of Xavier's trunk before rolling my way towards the double doors to home. I knocked on it twice since the hallway lights were still on and it was only past 8 so it wasn't that late. I watched a tall figure approach the door and opened it, my dad's face lit up and instantly engulfed me in his big arms as I laughed. After realizing Xavier was still there, my dad did a weird hand shake with him who plopped down two of my duffel bags onto the ground with a small smile on his face. 

"Thank you so much, Xavier," my dad said as I spotted a tear in the corner of his eye. 

"You're welcome, Mr Pearson," Xavier replied with a nod before looking at me with puppy dog eyes. 

I arched my eyebrow at him as he opened his arms wide. I looked at my dad who nodded in approval before I quickly ran to Xavier and let my arms fall on his shoulders as his arms encircled my waist and pulled me against his warm, strong body. 

"Thank you for everything," I said, managing to inhale his sweet aftershave as the smell consumed me whole. I wanted to live in his arms forever, my heart beat increasing at the thought of myself being in his arms again. 

"Goodnight, baby cakes," Xavier whispered before pulling away just as I quietly sniffed him again. "Goodnight, Mr Pearson." 

Xavier was waving at my dad and he waved back before he ushering me inside after the both of us watched Xavier disappear into his car. I turned around and stretched, letting out a loud yawn as I walked into the kitchen to only find Aubree and Anastasia sitting together on a stool and eating dinner. 

"Welcome home, Thea," Anastasia greeted with a welcoming smile as she quickly got off her stool and fetched a plate for me. 

"You don't know how boring it was with these two," Aubree said, eyeing both of her parents as I let out a laugh, walking towards Anastasia's stool and taking a seat just as she placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me. 

"We weren't that boring," my dad replied with a shake of his head as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "How was your trip?" 

"It was fun," I answered with a mouth-full of spaghettis that had both Anastasia and my dad cringing. 

"Thea, you have a lot of school work to catch up on," Anastasia notified as she leaned her head on my dad's shoulder. "But it's okay, I got you and Xavier covered." 

"Thank you," I replied with a smile. 

I continued to eat, watching Aubree, Anastasia and my dad talk amongst themselves loudly as I zoned out. A home-sick feeling settled in the pits of my stomach as I wished the twins and my mom were able to live here so I wouldn't have to drive for so long to see them. I sighed, dabbing my mouth with a white cloth, knowing that the wish wouldn't come true but seeing that I have two families who both love me deeply, was enough for me.