1: Taken into the Unknown

Hi readers :) So this is my first story to ever publish on wattpad. I'm uber excited because it took me forever to have the guts to even try writing out this story because it deals with some inner thoughts of mine which I never thought I would share. Let me know what you think. Be as harsh as possible :) I know the beginning is going to be really slow but hopefully when I write and upload the other chapters, things will start gong faster and be more interesting.

Picture of Baxter on the side :) (Chad Michael Murray)

CHAPTER 1

Slowly, I began to regain consciousness. A small light was shining through to my face causing me to squint and turn away. The ground below me was cold and hard. Hard and cold...what the... I snapped up into a sitting position with the realization that I was not in my dorm room.

I rubbed my eyes furiously to eliminate the blurry morning haze over my eyes. Everything was still blurry and unclear. My glasses, where were my glasses? I felt around me in hopes to grasp the metal frame. When I felt nothing but the dirt on the floor, I squinted my eyes to focus on my surroundings and stood up. Where was I? Was I in prison!?

All around me were four gray walls. There was a door on one side which had a small rectangular frame centered toward the top of the door. I shivered as a cool breeze blew through a small, open barred off window on the wall opposite to the door.

I stood on my tippy-toes and peered through the window. All I could see was white-powdery snow and some shrubs and trees. Some of the snow from outside had fallen onto the floor of the room. I tried to squint into the distance to discern anything that might tip me off but eventually gave up when the strain on my eyes gave me a headache.

I closed off the glass part of the window to warm up the room a little. The place reeked of misery and death. There was a drop down mattress on the wall adjacent to the door, but it was still folded up against the wall. The floor was covered in dirt and mud. I crinkled my nose thinking about how I was just lying on the disgusting floors. My teeth began to chatter and my whole body began to shake, unable to bear the cold weather without any sort of covering.

I walked over to the pull down mattress, hoping there would be a blanket inside. I toggled with the latch on the drop bed until it finally flew open. Sure enough, a dirty white colored knit blanket covered the plastic mattress covering. I grudgingly sat down on the dusty, old bed and wrapped the blanket around me. I pulled my knees in to my chest and rested my head on my knees.

I strained my mind to attain any bit of information that would tell me how I ended up here, but I couldn't bring myself to remember anything before that Friday night Jayden went out. As I sat on the bed straining my memory and rubbing my hands up and down my arms to keep warm, I heard the faint noise of footsteps approaching the door. I froze, transfixed to the spot, fearing what might happen to me.

The rectangular slot on the door slid open and a pair of warm brown eyes stared me in the face. The eyes crinkled and a cheery voice spoke to me. "Oh good, you're awake!" the voice said. The slot slammed shut again as I heard the jingling of keys against the door. Slowly, the door opened and a plump woman entered. She looked like she was maybe 50 or so. Her brownish-tan skin contrasted against her dark brown and greying hair which was pulled into a bun with a few loose strands sticking out.

She gasped abruptly, making me jump, "Oh you poor thing! You must be freezing!"

She must have sensed my fear for she comforted me, "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I'll bring down some blankets in a bit," She smiled genuinely at me, making me ease up a little. She approached with a tray of food in hand and set it down on the bed.