Chapter III: Today For U

The voicemail machine beeped, saying that there was one new message. Andre laid on the couch of his apartment , sighing as the sounds of his best friend Ashe put down the car keys onto the counter.

"Who's the caller?" asks Ashe.

Andre shrugged, "Like the hell I know."

A voice started up saying in the machine,

"Ey Andre, I just heard the news from Norma Jean! We're sorry to hear that Rosie dumped you yesterday!" the voice belonged to no other than Andre's father, John Winters. Andre groaned in annoyance, "But you know what I gotta say? I say c'est la vie! So let her be the next Virgin Mary or something! There are other fishies in the sea! But that stinks that she left you to be a nun, doesn't it?"

"You know you're not making it any better, John!" Andre says, even if he couldn't hear it.

"But let's cut to the point. Point is Andre, we'll be back to Bohemia in a 3 days time. Norma Jean is flipping out just wanting to see you. Kay' I think that's about it! See you soon bud."

The message was cut, then after, the lights of the apartment flickered then completely shut down.

Ashe sighed in annoyance, "Did you forget to pay the electricity bill?"

"I thought I did." Andre says, sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "Guess Kellin didn't except my payment. I'm telling you, he hates all of us!"

Ashe found a nearby flashlight and lit it, finding another one for Andre, tossing him it.

"No, it's only you, Mimi, Oli, and NJ! You guys all sent a bunch of roosters to his office to attack him and started a joke and rumor around all of town that he had lots of 'cock' in his office that day."

Andre laughed, "Serves him right for not letting Norma Jean and Oli get married here. Mess with NJ, you get my wrath. And look who's talking, I'm not the one who took a crap on his porch."

The reference to Ashe, made him chuckle. Ashe and Andre walked into the kitchen and attempted to find candles. This has happened often, so they were prepared. After a while, they were able to light the living room enough to know where to walk, also the bathroom and rooms were lit too. They waited in the living room for Oliver to show up, to break it to him that his fiancee would be home late for their very special day, for Valentine's Day was tomorrow.

****

The next morning, Ashe and Andre had fallen asleep in the living room. Andre's head was laying on the piano keys as he sat on the bench of the piano in the corner of the living room. Ashe fell asleep with his video recorder in his hands, it still filming. When they awoke, it was by the sound of the door opening, in came Oliver with a confused look on his face.

"What's with you guys?" He asked.

"We were waiting for you last night to tel you that Norma Jean and John will be here in about 2-3 days." Andre answered, standing up with a loud yawn, cracking his knuckles and back. Ashe stood up too, shutting off his recorder.

"Thank god, you're here Oli. Andre was so depressing last night, playing his sad and unfinished song he wrote for Rosie." Ashe emphasized on the 'unfinished'.

The thing about Andre is that he came from Paris, France. His Mother who was a fantastic pianist, and a father that abandon them, leading up to his skills of the piano from his mom. After his mom died when he was 9, a man that was friends with his mom took Andre away with his other child. This man happened to be John Winters, and his pre started child/son of 7 years old named Norman Jean Winters. The three all traveled to Bohemia and John continued his sailing trips and earning money as a sailor. As he raised both of his sons alone, the two grew up quite close making friends along the way, such as their friends Mimi, Marilyn, Oliver, and Ashe. Norman began to wear women clothing, talking like a woman, and had more girl friends than man, etc. He was a woman, he knew he was, just given the wrong parts. Andre and John accepted this perfectly, leading up to why Andre is so protective of his now little sister Norma Jean. She is to marry one day her love Oliver, but due to Major Kellin's opinion on "people like Norma Jean", he refuses to let any church, building, or area of the town to host the wedding. He has connections so he has convinced all sources of Bohemia to not allow this. That is why Norma Jean and John are at sea, in search for a beautiful and acceptance place for her wedding.