friends.

*Demetriana's POV*

We arrived in Texas at 2am and met my dad at the hotel. My father got a new job and apparently it pays hella good.

"Are you hungry?" they said.

"No, I'm fine." I guess you can figure out the rest about me.

I got in bed and went to sleep. Thinking about my 'new' life. I want to try and make the best of it considering that my last life wasn't as good. I slowly drifted into a dream... there I saw my birth mom.

I can't describe her because her face was covered. But now, I felt closer to her. More than I ever have before.
----------
It's Monday morning and that means that it's time for school.

"Have fun! And here's $20 for lunch." I took the money and left. I got an uber driver for my ride to school.

I started to listen to Nightingale as I was in the car. I love Demi Lovato so so much. If I could get a chance to meet her, I would stay with her forever.

I got to school and everything was in an orderly fashion. I went to the main office to get my schedule and it was as listed:
Science
Gym
English
Social Studies
Lunch
Art
Math
Study Hall
Music

I went off to my first class and when I got in, the teacher came over and introduced me to the whole class.

"Class listen up. This is Demetriana Valderez" she spoke.

I waved to the class and they waved back. There was this one girl in the corner of the class that caught my attention. I tried to go sit by her but somebody stopped me.

"Hey, I'm Katie, this is Jen, and this is Sara. Sit with us" I sat down beside them. We talked a bit, but i was more focused on learning.
-------------
It was finally lunch and I was with my new friends. They were being talked to by the boys in the school. I was being told I was pretty and that I fit in with them.

Katie stood up and walked over to get lunch when that girl I saw earlier bumped into her and Katie punched her down. I couldn't believe that she did that to the poor little girl.

It was time to go home so I started to leave. The girl from earlier was walking home with her head down.

"Hey, are you okay? I saw what happened earlier" I asked. She looked up at me and it was then I saw the blackness around her eye.

"I'm fine. It happens everyday." I felt so bad for her.

"My name is Demetriana. Yours?" I asked. Her eyes automatically looked at me. A smile approached her face.

"I'm Madison. I'm 13. Nice to meet you." She said sweetly. I knew she was nice.

I gave her my number so she can text me whenever she wants to.

I didn't really know her but she looks very familiar.

Then all of a sudden Katie and the crew walks by me and invites me to the mall with them. I didn't want to go.

I walked home because I forgot to get the uber car again. I got a notification from Demi Lovato on Instagram. It was an anti bullying post. She was saying how it's not okay to punch people when it's an accident.

It's then like it was all coming together.

I know who Madison is... Madison De La Garza! I can't believe Demi's sister goes to my school. I'm not gonna freak out because I know it'll freak Maddie out. I'll wait for her to tell me herself. I won't be crazy over Demi even though that's going to be very hard.

I got home and my parents were standing there waiting. They asked me how it was and I told them that everything was fine and that I made friends.

Of course they were happy, but I wasn't.