Rebecca takes the plate away from me and gives my shoulder a tight squeeze. "Go to bed, sleep however long you want." She dumps the empty plate into the sink.

"Do you know what Zeus is doing?"

"Giving you a moment, I'm sure. He'll be with you soon."

I smile, saying, "Thanks," to Rebecca before tiredly walking out the kitchen, up the stairs, and shuffling towards my closed bedroom door. Of course, right when I pass by Caitlyn's door, the door swings open and Caitlyn pops her head out.

I stop walking. "Are you okay?" Caitlyn asks me.

"Tired, a little stiff." I truthfully reply.

Caitlyn's expression deepens into a worried way, and she looks over her shoulder, probably for Ryder. She then steps out of her bedroom, closing the door behind her and tightening her bath robe around her body. I take in her damp hair, now realizing she was most likely taking a shower when I got here.

"I can only talk for a few minutes without Ryder hearing since he's in the shower," Caitlyn takes a step towards me. "but should I be worried, Aurora? About anything?" She continues to talk in a hushed tone.

To be honest, I'm not sure if anything will happen. But a part of me is cautious because this man—Scar Guy, as I have named him—is targeting me. I remember what happened in the woods with him as if it was yesterday. I remember convincing myself that I was going to die, that I wouldn't be saved, but I was saved.

Maybe Caitlyn, all of us, should be worried. Maybe we should be worried that something dark, dangerous is approaching.

"I don't know, Caitlyn." I look down at the wooden hallway floor, seeing my reflection in the perfectly waxed wood. I see a tired face. "I don't want the chance of Zeus, or the pack, being ruined." I simply answer because I don't really know.

Caitlyn's body tenses. "I hope you sleep well, Aurora." Caitlyn states louder than she was talking seconds ago. Ryder must have gotten out of the shower. I smile at my best friend and continue down the hallway to go inside my room.

Right when I open my bedroom door, a wave of tiredness hits me. My eyes droop, and my body buzzes, begging for of sleep, now. I carelessly strip out of my clothing while heading inside the closet. I dump the dirty clothes I was once wearing into my hamper, and I grab pajamas and a fresh set of undergarments after walking out of the closet and passing the dresser, naked.

I don't care what the temperature of my shower is. I simply grab the handle and turn it in the opposite direction it's usually in. I place my pajamas on the counter, close to the sink I use. I then hop in the shower, taking the quickest shower of my life, and ignore the scorching heat of the water above.

After my shower, I trudge to my sink and brush my teeth, my drenched hair flat against my naked back and water droplets running down to the curve of my bottom. Once completely done with brushing my teeth, I glare at the pile of pajamas, and decide to sleep naked, not caring if Zeus walks in.

I'm too tired to care. I just want sleep.

Steam from my hot shower follows behind me as I walk to my bed. I get underneath the covers and allow myself to have a moment of peace before my adjusting my body to sleep. Right when I'm about to dose off, my bedroom door swings open, and the light from the hallway seeps into the darkness of my room and causes me to open my eyes.

I turn my body to see whom it may be. Zeus stands in the doorway, watching me, and grips the door frame. I roll my dry eyes.

"You're naked." Zeus grumbles.