Chapter 2

This world belongs to the amazing J K Rowling, only Charlotte, Marie and Victoire are mine

Pxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When dinner finished the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students went back to their accommodation. When Marie, Victoire and Charlotte had gotten back to their room in the carriage, Victoire said

“Charlotte, you have to introduce us to your brother!”

“Okay, at breakfast. I need to talk to him tonight though.” Charlotte replied.

“Send him an owl saying you need to talk to him.” Marie said joining in. Charlotte then wrote on a piece of paper:  Meet me now, normal tree by the black lake! L

She wrote James’ name on the outside of the note so it would be given to him and tied it to her owl’s leg and told her owl to find James. She knew all she had to do now was sneak out.

Up in the Gryffindor common room Sirius was talking about the arrivals from the other schools.

“Those Beauxbatons girls were cute! Especially that one with long brown hair!” He said.

“A lot of them had long brown hair,” Remus said to him rolling his eyes, “Be more specific”

“The one who looked over at us a lot” Sirius replied. Remus noticed James scowling when Sirius said that, he wondered why. Suddenly there was a knocking at the window. James got up to open the window for the owl and looked at the name on the letter. He saw that the note was for him so he quickly unfolded it and read it; he was surprised but glad that Charlotte wanted to see him. He rushed up to his room and found his invisibility cloak, as he came back down the stairs Sirius said to him, “What was that?”

“Oh nothing” he replied walking towards the portrait hole.

“Where are you going?” Remus asked him

“To see Lily.” James felt bad about lying to them but he knew that Charlotte would want to see him alone. He walked down towards the black lake under his invisibility cloak, he took it off when he saw Charlotte and ran over and hugged her.

“I can’t believe you’re here” he said to her, “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”

“I was told to keep it a secret, you have no idea how hard it was not to tell you!” she answered him.

“I can imagine.” James replied.

“Please don’t tell people it is me.” Charlotte pleaded with him

“If you don’t want me to, but you should tell Remus – he really misses you!” James told her.

“I will, but I want to tell him in my own time.” Charlotte said, “I need to go back now, but I am glad I came back here.”

“Okay, bye Lottie” James replied as she turned to walk away.

“Bye James, oh and please call me Charlotte in front of anybody!” she said back to him.

Lily walked into the common room; she had been in the library and just wanted to relax with James.

“Lily, where’s James?” Sirius asked her.

“How should I know?” She asked back, surprised that he wasn’t here with his friends.

“He got a letter and he ran out with his invisibility cloak saying he was going to see you.” Sirius answered her.

“Well, he didn’t come to find me.” Lily said starting to worry, “I wonder where he is?”

“You can ask him now.” Remus suggested as the portrait hole opened and a frowning James walked through it.

“James, where were you?” Lily cried rushing over to him.

“Oh” he started worriedly; he had hoped to find Lily on his way back to the common room so his friends would have believed his story of why he left, “I was trying to find you.” He finished lamely.

“I was in the library.” Lily said not believing what he said, but deciding he would tell her when he was ready.

“As usual” Sirius interjected.

“Shut up Sirius” Lily said to him.

“I’m going up to bed!” James told the others tiredly, he needed to think about what had happened.

“Ok” Lily said, reaching up to kiss him. She decided to go up to bed as well.

The next morning Victoire was pleading with Charlotte, “Come on Charlotte, please introduce us to James.” Charlotte was glad that no-one from Beauxbatons was around because she was sure that no-one at Hogwarts could understand French.

“Fine, if he is already at breakfast.” Charlotte replied and both her friends smiled excitedly. They walked into the great hall in silence. Charlotte saw that James, Sirius, Remus and Peter were sitting at the Gryffindor table; she also noticed that James was sitting next to Lily Evans. She was shocked at that because she thought that Lily hated James.

“Come on” she said to her friends, they all walked over to the Gryffindor table.

“Hello” Charlotte said in a French accent, she hoped none of James’ friends would recognise her. “Can we sit here?”

“Of course” James said laughing at Charlotte’s French accent. Charlotte sat next to James while Marie and Victoire sat next to Sirius on the other side.

“So, what are your names?” Sirius asked to the girls.

“My name is Charlotte and these are Marie and Victoire” Charlotte answered in her French accent. Trying to be polite, even if she couldn’t be friendly towards Sirius. Both Marie and Victoire said “Hello”

“My name is James and these are Remus, Peter, Sirius and my lovely girlfriend Lily.” James said to the girls motioning to all of his friends as he said their names.

“You didn’t tell me you had a girlfriend” Charlotte said to James in French, so none of his friends could understand them, “She finally said yes then.”  James had had a crush on Lily since his first year at Hogwarts, but she would never go out with him, until now.

“Yes sis, I finally got her to say yes!” James replied, also in French.

“Wait, you said Sirius – you mean Sirius Black!” Victoire said to James. Sirius heard his name mentioned and wondered why they were talking about him.

“Yes” James replied to her, “You told them about Sirius.” He said to Charlotte.

“They wanted to know why I changed schools so I had to tell them, they are my best friends!” Charlotte said indignantly.

“So it is okay for you to tell them about Sirius, but not okay for you to tell Remus that you’re back! He was your best friend at one time.” James said, getting annoyed for his friend. Their whole conversation was in French do only Marie, Victoire, Charlotte and James knew what was being said.

“James, I didn’t know you spoke French.” Sirius said to him.

“I learnt when Lottie moved away to Beauxbatons.” James replied. Charlotte glared at him when he said this because she didn’t want any of her old friends to put two and two together and realise that she was back.  Sirius didn’t reply to James’ remark, he still felt guilty for Charlotte moving away and he was pretty sure James still blamed him for it.