Group Home

(May be triggering)
Gerard's pov

I gulped and looked around nervously, there were men everywhere. I dug my nails has hard as I could into the palms of my hands to keep myself from shaking. Men stared me, men would hurt me if they got the chance.

Kelly, my social worker, typed away on here computer. Her dark blue nails matched her blouse and dark heals. She looked up at me and gave me a reassuring smile. She know how I was around men.

I gulped again as a man approached Kelly's office door. He was tall, well built, had brown hair and eyes, his suit was color coordinated. He looked at me briefly making me heart stop.

"His car is ready." The man said before walking away. Kelly looked up at me and smiled again, it gave me some comfort. She got up from her desk and smoothed her outfit down.

"Do you have everything packed, Gee?" Kelly asked as he stood behind me, I nodded and slid off the seat. "I'm gonna miss you hun, I'll see you ever Saturday." Kelly said before hugging me, I felt tears forming in my eyes. Kelly was the closet thing to a mother that I would ever get.

She took my hand and led me to the car that was parked outside. My bag was already in the backseat. Kelly slid in next to me, the driver was Sarah, thank goodness.

~~~~~

When we got to the home I refused to let go Kelly's hand, she didn't seem to mind though. We were greeted be a younger women with brown hair, red lipstick, and a formal dress on.

"Hello Kelly," The woman greater and then leaned down so she was eye level with me, she was really tall. "you must me Gerard, can I call you Gee?" The women asked, I ducked behind Kelly like a scared child, I am a scared child.

Kelly squeaked my hand reassuringly and led me into the house. It was big, two stories at least, three at the most, all the walls were boring shades of brown and white. The furniture was nice, a little old and well used making the whole house fell too big.

Kelly sat down at the table, I sat next to her, my hand still in hers. The other women sat down and looked at my open file.

"I'm Riley, Gerard." Riley said with another one of her happy smiles. I nodded and look at Kelly who's encouraging me silently.

"H-hi." I whisper out, just loud enough either for them to hear. Riley smiled even wider as she went through my file, probably for the millionth time. Some things were underlined, highlighted, or circled.

"Everything is in order." Riley finally said as she got up and hugged Kelly. Kelly let go of my hand to do so making me fell panicky. Kelly turned to me and smiled, she pulled me into a hug which I returned.

"I-I don't want you t-to go." I whispered against her shoulder.

"I know, Gerard, we'll see each other every weekend and you can call me any time." Kelly said and ran a hand through my hopelessly long raven black hair. I fought back tears as Kelly walked out the door.

"I'll show you to your room." Riley said quietly as she picked my bag up. I followed close behind, I hate new places. She walked up the stairs to the left and stopped in front of the last door in the hallway. She opened it revealing a full sized bed, a bedside table with a lamp, a dest with another lap, and a dresser.

"I'll let you settle in, dinner will be ready in an hour. Come down when you're ready." Riley said before shutting the door behind here. I sighed and looked down at my little bag of belongings.

After unpacking I laid down in bed, the tears finally came. I slowly cried myself out and bit my arm hard, not either to break the skin. I don't wanna be here, I wanna go back to Kelly, I want to disappear.

~~~~~

"Gerard?" A voice woke me up from my deep sleep. I yawned and snuggled against the pillow I was hugging. "Dinners ready." A hand rested on my shoulder.

"Not hungry..." I yawned and rolled over.

"You have to eat, Gerard." I recognized Riley's voice. Sighing, I sat up and yawned again. "Come." She said gently and took my hand giving me some comfort to my sleepy state.

I followed close behind, rubbing the sleep away. Once we got to the dinning room I noticed four other people at the table. I stopped in my tracks making Riley stop as well.

"It's okay, Gee." Riley said, giving me a reassuring smile. I took a few deep breaths before walking again. I hid behind Riley once we got to the dinning room completely.

"Everyone we have someone new joining us. Gerard, this is Bob, Linsey, Jamie, and Frank will be joining us shortly." Riley said pointing to each of them. Bob snicker quietly earning a smack from Jamie.

"Hey!" Bob said looking hurt, the grin was still on his face. "He's short."

"We all know that." Linsey said and shook her head.

They all greeted me, I waved shyly, Bob made me uneasy. Riley sat down and Linsey patted the seat next to her. I sat down next to her, relaxing when everyone's attention wasn't on me.

"What the hell Lucifer!" Someone yelled from the front door, everyone acted like it was nothing. My whole body went rigged at the noise.

Riley sighed and shook her head, putting her fork down he got up and walked to front door. "Language, Frank." I heard her say firmly. "We have someone new." She added more quietly.

There was some muffled voices before a white pit bull came stomping in. His ears were extremely pointy and he had a wide chest making the dog look scarier than what he actually was.

"Lucifer!" The newcomer called making the dog walk back out the room.

"Frank! What have I told you about being stray dogs into the house? And why did you name him after the devil?!" Riley huffed as Frank started to sass back. "Fine, you can keep him, but if he bites anyone or pees on the floor, he's out of here."

"Thank you!"

A few minutes later Riley came back followed by a boy with a striped red sweater.

"The queen has arrived!" He announced loudly and plopped down next to Bob.

"Really, Frank?" Jamie sighed and giggled with Linsey.

"Who is this?" Frank said, leaning over the table. I shrunk away, Linsey slapped Frank's head making him sit down again.

"This is Gerard." Linsey said, I gave her a thankful look.