Chapter 8

Last chapter...

"Alright, (y/n), Liz, we can all talk and get to know each other at the house, but right now we need to leave," the taller blonde spoke up. Hungary nodded. She smiled at the smallest girl.

"You coming with us, (y/n)?" She smiled back.

"Yeah! Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride to Hungary's house was filled with in-depth explanations on what exactly happened the day before at Russia's house. Twice Belarus threatened to harm Russia and once began to sob uncontrollably. (Y/N) felt a little scared at first, but she soon pitched in to help calm Natalya down.

Eventually, they all made it to the house in one piece. It was only three in the afternoon, but the time zone change was finally getting to (Y/N). Ukraine and Hungary quickly saw it and took her to a bed. When they thought the girl was asleep, the two began talking.

"I do not know, Liz. I do not think she should be here right now. This is a problem we'd never thought we would see, and it is going to take a long time to fix."

"Yes, I know. But what should we do? She's been through so much, Belgium already told me about the meeting in America. But we can't have her around right now. She's too much of a-a burden. Right now, we need to focus on Natalya. Things could end up in war, Katyusha."

"You don't think-"

"I don't know, Ukraine. I've seen it happen before. Emotions are pent up, then something snaps, and it's sibling against sibling. We need resolve this as quickly as possible."

"Ok, well, where should she go? Back to America? To England, maybe?"

"No, no. You know Alfred can barely take care of himself, not to mention his government will try to intervene once they realize there could be war between Russia and Belarus. And England...well he never was *ahem* very good at raising kids."

"Well I don't know where she should go. What about the Baltics?"

"No, they'll be dealing with this, too. Although..."

"What is it?"

"Hmm, there are some people Estonia always talks about. He always goes on and on about them."

"You mean the Nordics? Are you sure?"

"They know how to raise children. I hear Iceland's doing just fine, and you know they'll take care of her well."

"I just feel bad for the little girl. She lost her family, and now she's being juggled through all of ours."

"I know. But this is the best for her. She'll be safe there. Maybe she can even find a family."

"I hope this works, Elizabeta. For all of our sakes."

"I do too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) slept throughout the entire day and night. The next morning, Ukraine told the girl about the plan to move her up north for a while with a group of friends.

"What?! Bu-but I want to stay here with Big Sister!"

"I'm sorry (Y/N), but it's not safe for you here." Ukraine, Hungary, (Y/N), and Belarus were in the living room. Belgium and Liechtenstein had gone out to get supplies and groceries.

"Please, (Y/N). You have to understand. A lot of things are going on right now, grown up things, and we," Ukraine struggled to find the right words.

"It would be better if you stayed somewhere else right now." There were tears in the girl's eyes.

Belarus gave a tired sigh. "(Y/N)-erm, little sister, it would be best that you go with the Nordics. They can take care of you, better than I have been doing." (Y/N) still didn't give in. Belarus glanced at her then knelt down to the girl's level.

"I know this is tough. I know what it feels like not to fit in or to feel all alone. I know you want to be helpful, but you don't know how. We are very much alike, Little Sister. But now, you must be strong. We are trying to do what's best for you. We want you," tears began to run down her face, "to find a family. A good family. One that will love you no matter what, and care for you, and protect you. One that will always forgive you and will never forget you. One that will make you happy and will lift you up when you are down. One that will keep you safe from harm."

Two arms wrapped around Natalya. She began to cry even more and embraced the small child. She felt tears on her neck; the little girl was crying too. At that point, Natalya wanted to hold on to her, embrace her, love her, protect her, and never let go.

"Be strong, Big Sister."

"Yes. I will try. Be safe, Little Sister."

"I love you, Big Sister."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."