[ Intro. ] Fear Thy Neighbor

"Treat your Neighbor , the way you want to be treated." My grandmother said to me when I was little as I sat on her porch beside her helping her knit.

"But what if they treat me bad?" I asked looking up at her. She laughed a little showing her wise wrinkles.

"Kill them with kindness. God says you should always love your enemies no matter what they do to you, even if they do hurt you. You understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

When I moved into my new first new house in California across the street from my neighbor, I have to admit that I thought life was gonna be good. In fact knew it would be. What could possibly go wrong?

I mean I was starting over, just freshly got out of college and wanted to live my life....maybe even find love.

It all started off with a simple"hey" and a "Hi" one day when we both so happened to check our mailbox at the same time. I smiled at the thought.

"I'm Chris....you must be my new neighbor from across the street?"

"Yeah, I'm Aubrey." I said shaking his hand back, smiling a little. As I tried to let go, he tightened his grip some as he looked down on me.

"Um, can you let me go?"

"You know you're really pretty." I blushed some, getting uncomfortable with his stare.

"Thank you," I said softly, pulling my hand back. "I really should be going, bye."

"Wait, will I see you around?" He called after me and I stopped in my tracks turning around.

"It's a possibility....most likely."

He smiled. "Well I'll see you around ' neighbor ' . Welcome to the Neighborhood and I hope you enjoy."

I smiled. "Thank you...Chris, see you around." He waved good-bye to me, stepping back into the street and I waved back. He made my heart race, despite the weird vibe he was giving off.

It then led to expensive gifts; Necklaces, chocolate, roses, you name it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't falling for my neighbor. I was intrigued by his charm. As we grew closer, I saw a side that I wish I never would have seen of him. It even got up to the point where things turned up missing. My items ended up misplaced, Or even footsteps or noises echoing down my hallway.

He was a whole other person that scared the living hell out of me.

"Treat your neighbor, the way you want to be treated." My grandma's voice rung in my head as my eyes shot open with sweat dripping down my forehead.

My breathing grew faster as I looked up, seeing my wrists in restraints and I had a couple of marks on my thighs. I could see his shadow in the corner of the room.

"Rise and shine Aubrey." He said in a demanding, yet soft tone.

"Please don't hurt me." I whined as he walked closer placing his large hand on my thigh, softly caressing it. He chuckled darkly.

"I'll do whatever you want just-"

"Shhhh...." He placed tape on my mouth and kissed my forehead. I saw a belt hanging in his hand.

"Daddy's just gonna teach you about being disrespectful." He said raising the belt high above his head.

"What does that mean grandma?" My eyes widened with curiosity.

"Love thy neighbor, in other words love your neighbor," She stated softly looking deep into my eyes. "even if you fear them."