Chapter 2: Did I Just Say His Accent is 'Cute'?

CHAPTER 2

"What do you think Jor?" My mom asks me.

Her green eyes shine from where she sits behind the control panel.

"It's super super cool Mom." I smile back at her.

"Sing me a song?"

I tap the microphone in front of me and my lips brush against the foam that covers it.

"Haha no."

In one swift motion, the headphones are off of my ears and I'm walking out of the booth.

"Well you're no fun." She grumbles.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes at her. "Hey, do you know the name of the band you're working with?"

My mom is the reason why we moved here to L.A. She got a wicked promotion to a record company out here and so we packed everything up and moved.

"I really don't know. I think....they're an Australian band? I think they were the opening act for One Direction, but I'm not sure."

"Ahh." I pick at my fingernails out of boredom.

"Hey can you go grab some waters out of the fridge for them?"

"Ew no. That requires work Mom." I huff.

"Hello?" A muffled voice asks behind the closed door. A hand knocks at the door.

My mom gets up from her plush, black, rolling chair and answers the door.

I plop down in her chair as the door opens to reveal a group of three boys.

"Hi boys! I'm Elizabeth Ellis. You can call me Liz or Lizzie. I'm supposed to be helping you record an album... I think." My mom extends an arm out to the boys. I stifle a giggle at my mom's awkwardness.

"Hi Lizzie, I'm Luke." The tallest and one says.

His voice was so deep.

Oh my goodness.

He gives my mom a smile and a shake of the hand.

"I'm Michael, but you can call me Mike...or Mikey... Yeah, I like Mikey." The one with the hot pink hair grins as he shakes her hand.

"CALL ME CAL!" The one with dark hair shouts as he gives my mother a suffocating bear-hug.

An awkward animal-like noise escapes from my mouth as I'm trying to cover up my laughing.

All four pairs of eyes land on me. The one named Cal loosens his grip on my mom and stands up straight. Luke, I think his name is, clears his throat and Michael scratches his head.

"Oh... Boys, this is my daughter Jordyn. She's going to help me out here." My mom motions towards me.

"Hi."

"HELLO!"

"Um...H...hi."

"Hey." I give a small wave and a half smile. Standing up, I adjust my shirt.

"I'll go get those waters now." I say walking out of the room.

Things just got 100% more awkward in there.

"You'll have to excuse her... She's not very good with people." I hear her say.

"I can hear you!" I yell. I roll my eyes and drag my fingers against the red painted walls.

Where the heck is this fridge?

I round the corner and collide with someone who was running down the hall.

I hit the plush-carpeted ground with a thud and feel a crushing weight piled on top of me.

"Watch we're you're going!" I squeak out.

"I'm so sorry." A boy with light brown hair says. His green eyes look down at me.

"Ummmm. Get the hell off? I'm dying here." I squeak out again.

"Oh... Yeah." He pushes himself upward and air pours into my lungs. His large hand reaches down to pull me up.

"I'm late to a recording session.. I'm really sorry." He says in a cute Australian accent as he holds into my hand.

Wait.

Did I just say his accent is 'cute'?

Hell no.

This is not happening.

"Don't be late next time." I snap. I pull my hand away from his and continue down the hallway towards the fridge.

-

-

------------------------------------------

A/N

Jordyn sounds like a jerk. Lol. Don't worry, she's not really like that. So, I decided to update a little early this week. I'm gonna try to update at least two times a week but I do have AP classes so we'll have to see.

P.S. I'd love to hear feedback!

Love, Jenna