1. The First Meeting

She was a just a girl. She never felt any different than anyother. Her scar felt more like a birthmark than anything else. She never asked for it. Her mother was her guiding angel, Everymorning she'd brush her long hair, Everynight she'd tuck her in bed, and always tie her ribbon green ribbon across her neck. A long, beautiful, forest green ribbon that's only ever been pulled by her mother.

Guinevere. Her beauty was unseen. With skin pale as snow and eyes as blue as the sky, if ever you saw her you'd take a second look. It wasn't easy to make friends as a child. If you her whie as snow skin and wore a green ribbon everyday of your life people would stare at you, no?

Jim. A young boy. A curios one at that. Always looking for answers to silly questions. And as he spotted a girl with a green ribbon on the swings one day, without hesitation he yelled, "WHY ARE YOU WEARING A RIBBON?!". Guinevere is shocked by the volume of his voice and surprised that for the first time in a long time, someone wanted to talk to her. "It's a secret." Jim replied, "WHY?!"

"Because its my momma and mine's secret"

"WHO GAVE IT TO YOU?!"

"My momma"

"WHY'D YOUR MOMMA GIVE IT TO YOU? WAS IT YOUR BIRTHDAY?!"

Guinevere paused for a second, "I don't remember...."

"WELL I NEVER FORGET MY BIRTHDAYS! EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER."

Jim suddenly jumps onto the swing next to her's and matches her pace as she's swinging.

"My name's Jim."

"I'm Guinievere"

"That's a weird name."

"No its not."

"IT IS TOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

They each go silent for awhile.

"How bout I call you Guiny?"

"Huh?"

"Like Guinea Pig. But without the A and the pig. Cus your not a pig. I think your really pretty. And your weird. That's why you and me are gonna be friends"

Guinevere's frozen-like face starts to turn cherry red. Her blue eyes are widened yet uncertain. She's hadn't had anyone to talk to in quite sometime and yet here's this strange boy....right next to her. Who called her pretty. Who thinks she the weirdest of the weird. And wants to be her friend...so she smiled..and in the next second bawled. Tears of joy you could say.

Jim looked on, expressionless. He looked her in the eyes and said,

"Your so weird. The weirdest of the weird" and used his hands to wipe the tears off her face