Chapter ten

Chapter ten

"À͢͡m̷͟b̶r̶i͏e̴͘҉l̶̡͘, what are you doing here? Where is Haziel?"

Crap. Two seconds on Earth and I've already been spotted. "Hello, Castiel. I'm Haziel's replacement for today. Uhm...how's everything?"

Castiel looked me over questioningly. "You shouldn't be here. Your duties reside in Heaven."

My eyes darted around, searching for any other angels. When I was sure there were none, I said, "Castiel, please. I've never been on Earth before. I want to know what it's like."

Castiel sighed, looking around as well. I knew deep down he was a rebel, an angel who doubted his orders just like me, even if he hadn't realized it yet. After a moment of thought he replied in a quiet, rushed tone, "Go, then. Don't let anyone see you."

"Thank you, Castiel," I beamed happily, scampering off before another member of his garrison showed up.

Finally alone, I paused to take in my surroundings. It was beautiful. Tall trees, wild green grass. I couldn't tell you exactly where I was, somewhere in Europe maybe, but I loved it. I wandered around, coming across a small town.

Excitedly, I began to explore it, unaware of the cautious eyes watching my every move. It made sense; I wore clothing that was strange to them, possibly more expensive than they could afford, and my child-like excitement towards everything must have been rather strange.

I walked around the town, talking with the locals and touching just about everything. I had even tried to eat human food, though it wasn't nearly as good as my vessel had told me before. It tasted like molecules. Horrible. I moved on, gasping in shock as a man dressed similarly to myself appeared in front of me.

"Hello, Darling. What's a ball of celestial energy like yourself doing all alone?"

He was horrifying. I couldn't bare to look at his face much longer. It looked as if he was decaying, rotting, falling apart at the seams. What was this creature? Surely not human. Yet it wore a black suit and spoke in human tongues. "W-Who are you?"

"The name's Crowley."

"What are you?"

"What, you've never seen a demon before?"

I didn't know much about life on Earth. Not of lies, nor deceit. But I knew I wasn't supposed to be around him- it. Then it clicked in my head: he was a demon. "From...Hell?"

"Where else?" The man raised an eyebrow -not that I could see past his true face- placing his hands into his pockets. Seemingly interested, he asked, "What's your name, Angel?"

"A̶̡͟m͜br̛͘͢i҉ȩ͘l͜͡..." Why I answered him, I still don't know. But I'm sure I don't regret it.

"A͏҉m̢b̴r̸͡i͡͝ę̵͜l, eh?" The demon -Crowley, as he's called- chuckled.

I took a step back. It felt like he was pulsing with dark intent. I need to get away. I had no idea how to fight, how to defend myself. I was a lost puppy in a kennel full of hounds.

"Now, now. Where do you think you're going, Am̵̶̕b̸̡r͡í̸e͏͠ĺ̡?"

"Away from you, Crowley."

"Why would you want to do something like that?" He teased, strolling forward.

My angel blade. I suddenly remembered I had a weapon. But where was it? Most angels kept it on them at all times, yet I never left my office, nevermind Heaven. Patting my pockets I realized I'd left it on my desk. In Heaven. Panicking, I stumbled backwards again, this time teleporting myself back to the familiar safeness of Heaven's workplace.

I instantly retreated to my office, grabbing my angel blade and hiding up my sleeve as I'd seen others do. I was shaking as I sat down, nearly jumping out of my vessel when Haziel entered my office without knocking.

She laughed. "Did you enjoy your first time on Earth?"

"I never want to go there again," I mumbled, watching as my hand shook. Why was I so nervous? Anxiety...it's a human emotion, isn't it? The thought of being similar to humans set my heart ablaze. I wanted to go back. I desperately wanted to return to Earth. I looked up at Haziel, determination burning in my eyes. She had looked hopeful for moment, thinking she'd finally convinced me to be content with my life in Heaven. That hope faded as she realized she'd only made things worse.

I wanted to go back.

~

Author's Note-

messing around with my writing style a bit. I'm not very experienced with writing in first-person anyway but yeah. Bear with me.