Part 6

Brian arrived on set, and was surprised to see the other three already waiting for him. Coming over, he squinted in the sun that hung low in the morning sky, and raised an arm, palm facing flat to them; waving without a wave.
"Hey Q, what took ya so long?" questioned Joe, coming over, and already bubbling in his usual mood - even so early on a Monday morning.
"Dunno, I just figured it'd be OK, seeing how he never shows up on time" he spoke in his usual gravelly tones, nodding his head slightly towards Sal.
"Oh, yeah. It is unlike him, isn't it?" a short laugh, "it's probably because Clarabelle's here though." he said casually.
"Clarabelle's here?" questioned Q, taken slightly aback. "But she hardly ever comes to filming."
"Yeah, i know, but Sal wanted her here. Apparently, he was pretty shook up from the other day. But anyway..." Joe's voice trailed off as he continued to talk, but Q did not here a word, for he was lost in his thoughts.

He was interrupted by a voice at his shoulder and a hand snaking around his elbow.
"Hey Q, you there?" she asked, smiling and waving her hand a little in front of his line of sight. "You look spaced" she laughed.
"Yeah," he said, "I'm just a bit out of it today, Clarabelle." wrapping his arms around her shoulder and giving her a quick squeeze. "Where'd Joe go?"
"He walked off when he realised you'd stopped listening. Said something about going to get doughnuts?.."
"That sounds about right for Gatto" Q grinned, rubbing his smile-crinkled forehead with his palms. Running his hand down his face, and tugging gently at his beard as it caught in his ring, he asked, "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but, um..."
"Why am I here?" she finished. He nodded.
"Good question, but one I don't think I can answer. You'll have to ask Sally - or rather wait for him to mention it. You know how he can be with these things. He's just very..." she waved her arms around, trying to bring forth a word to accurately portray the state of her partner. "...Sensitive" she concluded.
"Yeah, i know" Brian mumbled, a knot of guilt tying in his stomach as he looked once more to the ground.