Chapter 2

Of course you never really forget anyone, but you certainly release them. You stop allowing their history to have any meaning for you today. You let them move, let them fall in love again. And when you see this person you have to let go, you realize that their is no reason to be sad. The person you knew exists somewhere, but you are separated by too much time to reach them again.

I opened my eyes due to heavy sun light falling on my eyes. I was never a heavy sleeper. So I quickly woke up prepared my breakfast and after an hour I was all set to take my promoted position.

Oh god I just love my smile right now when I am thinking that I got a promotion with 40% increment. Actually increment doesn't matter to me. I earn a lot from stock exchange. This job is for my satisfaction so that I can keep busy myself or else few thoughts will haunt me all the time.

As I reached my cabin, I was having the list of my team. My personal assistant was Arun. Oh thanks to god atleast I got someone efficient as me. Other people were Shreya, Pratik, Vikas, Elly and Pooja.

My team is good I can say I am satisfied.

Soon we reached at the venue of SOS Limited. I was having an scheduled meeting with the management. I wish today I get to know about the owner of this company which is yet a mystery to everyone.

Meeting was scheduled at 10.30 and its 10.45 now and the management team is yet not here. I am sitting on chair all my team members beside me. We were having a formal conversation.

Finally a boy in a formal white shirt entered followed by few other people. I was holding a pen in my hand. "Hello Ms. Vardhan" he greeted me and I looked at him still sitting on the chair. He continued "Our CEO is yet not here. We are sorry you can start making the audit plan he will join us soon."

I threw the pen which I was holding on the desk. I stood up and said "call me when he is here" and I left the meeting room. That so me *wink wink* arrogant bitch.

Soon we reached in the cafeteria of the company and started ordering stuff.

"ma'am don't you think we should start working on our audit plan" arun asked me with a slow voice. A smirk grew over my face. "Audit plan is already prepared by me" a chuckle escaped from my mouth. "yesterday I was free so I started working on it and I think I am done with 50% so when that 'so called CEO' will be here he will tell us further according to his preference" he nodded with a smile.

Soon we were done with feeding our not so empty stomach but there was yet no news of Mr. Unknown CEO. What kind of an irresponsible person he is. He owes a company and he is late. Utter unprofessionalism. He is wasting my time since last 2 hours.

"Our boss has just arrived and he is expecting you in the conference room." That white shirt man informed us. I nodded and we all headed towards the conference room.

"First time a CEO will get a scolding dose from an auditor. A sight to watch I must say." Elly giggled in Pooja's ear but it was audible. I glared at her and she placed her hand near her mouth to cover it. I chuckled at her reaction.

We took our places in the conference room. It has been 20minutes since we are waiting for him. 'Bastard' that is the only word which came into my mind for this unknown CEO. Soon I heard footsteps approaching towards the conference room.

Everyone stood up to greet him so did I. The door is behind me so yet I didn't saw his face. He passed by my side. I looked at the girls of my team. Their eyes are describing that he is some greek god. Wait a second CEO's are often old people.

He took the head chair and then I saw HIM.

For few seconds everything around me is black. His eyes met mine and I am lost again in this ocean. I feel everything around me is still. Nothing is moving no one is alive just his eyes and mine are working.

My thoughts were broke when everyone took the chair and he left my gaze. I shook my head. No I wish it is not him. I am hallucinating I prayed in my head.

I took my chair and looked at him again. I took a heavy intake of saliva and I guess the voice was audible to him. I know few minutes more and I will broke down in tears. I have to be strong.

"Hello everyone I hope you all know me." he said diverting his gaze towards my team. "If not than let me introduce myself. My name is Arav Agnihotri and I am the CEO of this company" his voice gave chills through my spinal cord.

A tear escaped from my eye which I was holding since I saw him few minutes back. I quickly wiped it away but I guess he noticed. He is still the same the way he was almost 3 years back. His perfect jawline, his hairs were perfectly set with the gel and attitude on his face. He is still the same. He knew how to leave an impression on someone.

"So as I heard the auditor was not ready to discuss the audit plan so shall we now?" he asked with his usual attitude and all nodded. "Who is the head of this team?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

I composed myself and searched my voice which was lost somewhere "Hello. Mr. Agnihotri" finally I still have my voice. I signed in relief. "My name is Rhea Vardhan and I am the auditor appointed by KPMG" I finished my sentence with a normal voice. I can feel his intense gaze on me which was passing shiver down my body. Even after three years he has still the same effect on me.

"Let's discuss the audit plan than" I nodded at his words and Arun started the presentation of audit plan. The lights were off and my eyes were stuck on this man who left me at my worst 3 years back. I don't know why even after controlling my best I just can't take my eyes off him. May be because I saw him after 3 long years, few tears rolled down my cheeks but I managed to wipe them off unnoticed by anyone but him.

Soon Arun ended the presentation of half of the audit plan and now his team was throwing their demands on us and we mutually discussed few conclusions. My brain was not working in sync. I have to see him for next 40 days I just can't do this. I am not that strong to see the person whom I loved above everyone, because of him my mom stopped talking to me. I was in depression because of him. I just can't do this. I am not that strong I know.

Soon the meeting ended and he wished us regards "I am looking forward to work with a efficient team like yours Ms. Rhea" he smirked at me while taking my name coz he know when he calls me by my name I go weak on my knees but he is not aware about who I am now.

"Actually I don't think we will manage here" I wiped off his smirk with my harsh words he raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "We behave very professionally Mr. Agnihotri and on the day one of our meeting the CEO was late. I think you need to learn to behave professionally." Now it was my time to throw my smirk on him.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience. I hope I will learn professionalism soon." he stated. I nodded and my smirk grew wider at his apology. This is going to be fun I guess to work under one roof with the person whom I hate the most. Not exactly most but 2nd most 1st one is my father.

As we were done with the meeting I headed inside the washroom to control my unknown state of mind.