Chapter 33

Chapter 33

       I sighed, resting my head against the concrete wall. Seb was going to be pissed. Extremely pissed.

       ....It was so worth it.

       I stood up from the rough floor and walked around the tiny space I had. I had only been in here for half an hour and I had a feeling I was going to go crazy. Not really, but it was so boring in here. As much as I didn't want Seb to yell at me, I wanted him to hurry up so I could get out of here.

       "Can I get out of here now?!" I asked.

       "Not yet, Daxton!" Officer Clarkson called back. "You shouldn't have slashed those tires!"

       "I didn't!" I said.

       Officer Clarkson walked over to my holding cell and raised an eyebrow. "You didn't?" he asked. "Then why was it you on the video recording slashing one of your fellow classmates's car tires?"

       "Uh....Because someone went to a really good make up artist to make it look like it was me because he's out to get me."

       "Daxton, I doubt anyone would go through that much trouble to put the blame on you," he said. "They would do something else, not get a make up artist, which would cost a lot of money."

       "Like I said, they're out to get me," I said. "Please? We all know that I'm your favorite Smythe child."

      "Sorry, rules are rules," Officer Clarkson said. "You shouldn't have slashed those tires."

       "Oh, come on," I said. "Collin had it coming."

       Officer Clarkson sighed before going back to his desk. I thought nobody would figure out it was me that slashed Collin's tired, but I forgot about that stupid surveillance camera outside of the school. I was an idiot at times, but not as big as an idiot as Seb.

       A few minutes later, Officer Clarkson walked back to my cell. "Your phone keeps ringing," he said. "Someone by the name of Isadora."

       "Can I answer it?"

       "No," he said. "I was just telling you because you should probably call this Isadora back when you get out."

       "What about my one phone call?"

       "You called Sebastian," he said.

       "No, you called Sebastian," I pointed out.

        Officer Clarkson sighed and handed me my ringing cell phone through the bars. I answered it. "Hello?"

       "Dax, I've been trying to call and text you," she said. "And I really don't want to sound clingy, but why weren't you answering?"

       "Well....Long story short, they found out who slashed Collin's tires."

       "That was you?" she asked. "Why?"

       "Because he's a jackass," I said. "I had to get my revenge for him taking advantage of your amnesia, but I'm not a violent person, so I went for the next best thing."

       "Next best thing?" Isadora asked. "Dax, slashing someone's tire is a criminal offense."

       "Yeah, I kind of figured that."

       Officer Clarkson cleared his throat. "Times up, Daxton."

       "One more minute?" I asked, but he shook his head, so I sighed. "Izzy, I have to go now. I'll call you when I get out of this holding cell."