Chapter Four

A/N: It's finally Wednesday. I am very happy today so I decided to post in the morning. 

Well, listen to the song on the side. It may or may not link to the song but I thought of uploading it as I like it.

This chapter is dedicated to KitKatWannaChat for making the beautiful banner on the side. Again, please comment, vote and fan, it would mean a lot to me. 

Enjoy the chapter lovelies :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke’s POV

It was five minutes to seven and I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Brandon to pick me up. Mom did an exceptional job of hiding my scars and bruises with make-up. She insisted that I should wear a dress, so here I was, wearing a knee length red dress. I decided to ditch wearing my heels as I already had trouble walking and they would only exacerbate my equilibrium. So I put on my black bellies, which had been a gift from Isla for my 25th birthday. A few minutes later the bell rang and I glanced at the clock. It was sharp seven.

Punctual eh?

I got up and opened the door, only to find a tall, freshly showered man in cream colored chinos and a blue V-neck sweater with a jacket on top.

“Hi” I said and he smiled

“Hi. Here, I bought you some get well soon flowers.” The smile did not leave his face as he handed me the bouquet of orchids.

I loved the gesture, I was even going to smile but decided against it as a thought entered my mind.

Maybe he’s doing it out of courtesy, or he’s doing it for a free dinner!

“Thanks a lot” I said

“Hello Brandon, you look very nice.” Mom said as Brandon greeted her and kissed her cheek.

Well, someone is growing a motherly bond with a guy who happens to be my ex-bully.

Great, just what I need.

“Shall we go now?” asked Brandon

“Yeah, let me just grab my coat.” I handed the flowers to mom and grabbed my coat from the couch I was sitting on earlier.

Making my way to the door, I saw him looking at me, it was a bit awkward and I started to feel conscious.

“You look beautiful” he said after I closed the door behind me. To be honest, I was a little surprised at his statement but at the same time, a kind of warmth made its way to the center of my belly.

“Uh, thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself.” He gave a husky chuckle and opened the door of his Ford for me.

As he sat in the driver’s seat, he looked at me and asked “So, where are we going?”

“Do you know Bellisio’s, the Italian restaurant near the Canal Park?”

“Oh yes, I do. Great place.” With that he started the engine and moved the car out of my driveway.

The journey to the restaurant was quiet, I wouldn’t say that it was a comfortable kind of quietness. I was feeling a bit nervous for no reason in particular. I took out my cell phone from the coat’s pocket, checking if there were any messages. I was hoping for at least one text from any damn person but all my hopes were dashed when I saw there were none. As I kept the cell phone back in my pocket, Brandon turned on the radio and I heard myself letting out a breath of relief. I didn’t have to try to start a conversation with him now. Thank God.