Chapter 3

"(Y/n)? What do you need? Is there something wrong?" He asked and walked towards you. You kept a steady gaze as your brows creased.
"There is in fact something wrong." You loved the man but you had spoken sternly, for you were angry at him.
   He raised his dark brows, eyes still focussed on you. "Of course there is..." His tongue clicked against the roof of his mouth, and he shut his eyes for the first time it seemed in days. He held them there for a moment, and opened them drowsily. "I'm sorry I couldn't have dinner with you in the past week, alright? I just am trying to finish this project...I promise I'll be able have din-"
You cut him off, anger burning through your veins and blood. "You have said that for weeks! Or months, for all I know! What happened to you, Stanford? It's like I don't even know you anymore...where is the man I fell in love with?!" You threw your hands into the air, and turned around to face the door. You haven't said his full name before in a long time...
Tears were welling up in your eyes, and you forced yourself to look up at the ceiling, trying to diminish them quickly before Ford would try and answer your ranting.
Stanford let out a sigh, and he straightened his lop-sided glasses. But you couldn't see that because you were turned towards the door. "It's still me! I'm still here...I just need some time to fix this gateway with McGucket! My Muse has been wanting me to finish it, so..." he trailed off, interlocking both of his hands in front of him.
How dare he say that, you thought.
"So?! Your Muse, Your Muse, Your Muse! That's all you ever speak about nowadays! Is this...thing becoming more important than me?" There was a hint of sadness in your tone, but you tried to hide it by keeping your brows creased and a frown. "but I guess I don't know anything...it's not like I am into science as much as you are," you finished, a small growl erupting from your vocals. You never were into science...just into Stanford's personality. You guessed his science and studying got into the way of all of this relationship and you despised it now. Tears were spilling from the corners of your eyes now, and your fists were clenched together tightly. You didn't know what to feel at the moment."I don't know how much more I can take," you added, sniffling.

He stretched his hands out worriedly, and trudged even closer to you. Ford wiped a tear away from your face, and he still frowned. He then put his large hands onto your shoulders and you looked up at him with heavy eyes. "(Y/n), I need to finish this portal. I need to know the secrets of Gravity Falls. But I'll take some time off of it...I'll pay more attention to you!" His eyelids closed again, and his hands squeezed your shoulders lightly.
You gave a wry smile, and shoved him off gently. "We both know that won't happen." Your heart cracked with your next words. "Maybe we should take some time...alone. There will be no interference with your project." You walked towards the door, and Stanford gritted his teeth.
"No, (y/n). No...please," he pleaded, tears now welling up in his eyes as he chased you up the stairs. "don't leave." He passed you quickly, and blocked your way. But you shoved him again, and went to his room to pack up your bags and leave. You didn't say anything, and he stood at the end of the stairs, waiting for you to come out with your bags.
And when you did, you watched his face. His expression. His sad, sad expression. Eyes red and cheeks wet from tears. You set your bags down on the floor, and hugged him tightly. He didn't let go at first. "Goodbye, Stanford."

He turned around, trying to hide his broken self from you. "Goodbye..."

You knew he thought it was for the best as well.