Part 5

Q woke to the gentle purrs and same soft duvets he always did, stretching his arms and legs from beneath the covers before pulling them back into the warmth. He sat up on his bed, propping himself on his elbows, and looked around the empty room. He was alone, save for Chessie cat who sat curled upon his pillow.

He walked to the bathroom, and caught his reflection in the mirror. Sleep-dazed and struck with the waking world, he stared at himself: his newly cropped hair of chocolate brown, and how it lay streaked with few running trails of grey that blazed bright against the darkness of his mane. Running his large, rounded hand through his hair as far as it would go for all the matted tangles that came with sleep, he continued into the bathroom and went about his business.

Wearing his dressing robe, he stood at the stove and prepared to cook his breakfast, feet encircled by furry bodies that clambered against his legs for affection - for food. Smiling, he hunkered down between the writhing masses, and spoke gently to them.
"Morning, guys. I know", he smiled, "I know: Food. Coming right up" as he petted the velvety head of one mewing feline.

~~~

After placing the dishes in the sink, he stood for a moment (filled by his hearty breakfast), and smiled down at his darling animals who sat curled in the sun. Leaving the room softly - so as not to disturb them - he went to get changed into his clothes for the new day of filming.