Chapter 48

A/N

Surpirse surprise this is not gonna be the last chapter, the last chapter is already written though 🤔😏

Five years later

Aria's POV

Ezra and I, were still, Ezra and I. Things were going great. Of course, we had our up and downs, but everyone has them. You're not human if you have no ups, or no downs, and even if you think your rollercoaster only goes down, just wait, things will get better. Much better.

"What are you thinking about?" Ezra asked, while he was playing with my hair. It was a sunday morning, and we were snuggled up against each other on Ezra's bed. I was 21 now, Ezra was 28. I was still living at Nelly's house. I didn't want that though, but Ezra insisted. I tried to convince him, more than five times, but Ezra still thought it was too soon. Too soon after my break down. Five years has it been, 5 beautiful, wonderful years since that darkest period of my life.

"Thinking about life" I explained and looked up to see the love of my life staring at me, eyes full of love and desire.

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans, right?" Ezra asked which made me laugh

"Stop quoting other people when you can quote yourself"

"I'm sorry" Ezra chuckled and pressed a kiss on my head. "I'm so lucky to have you"

"I know right" I mumbled and snuggled even closer in his chest. "I can fuck everyone, but I guess you're the lucky one"

"What?" Ezra laughed and shot up

"Oh, you heard me" I smirked

"You're gonna regret that one!" Ezra screamed. I immediately knew what he was up to, so I quickly jumped out of the bed. Before my feet could even hit the ground, Ezra wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me back on the bed.

"Ezra no!" I yelled

"You're too late now!" Ezra laughed and started to tickle me.

"No Ezra stop it!" I screamed out, but Ezra kept tickling me. I stopped laughing and suddenly, when he wasn't paying attention, untangled myself from his grib and ran to the other side of the room, around the couch.

"Come here!" Ezra yelled and ran after me. Of course, he was way quicker than I was, so it was just a matter of time before he would catch me. "I'm gonna get you anyways!" Ezra yelled, but just before he could catch me I knelt down, which made Ezra trip over my body and fell down to the ground.

"LOSER!" I yelled before I crawled over to him, sat on top of him and started to tickle him.

"Aria, stop!"  Ezra laughed

"Never!" I yelled and continued tickling him. For one second I forgot that the man was actually way stronger than I was, so with one movement Ezra flipped me away from his body and pressed me to his side.

"Okay, okay you won!" I chuckled and snuggled my head in his side. "Okay okay, you won"

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"I know that" Aria laughed and poked my side.

"Oh god, marry me" Ezra laughed, and suddenly his whole body stirred

"What?" I laughed, not really understanding what was going on

"Nevermind" Ezra mumbled

"No, wait.. Did I hear that.. Were you..?" I asked, and suddenly it wasn't that funny anymore.

"Aria.." Ezra trailed off

"Ezra?"

"Oh god, guess I ruined it already" Ezra sighed, got up, pulled me up, and grabbed something out of his pocket. "I wanted to do this tonight, with a fancy dinner, but I think it's too late for that now" he chuckled and nervously rushed a hand through his hair.

"Ezra? Is this..?" I began but Ezra interrupted me.

"Shh, I have to do this by tradition right?" He chuckled and suddenly got down on one knee.

"Ezra?..."

"Aria, I know this isn't romantic at all, and I know I'm sitting here on one knee, in my freakin' pyjama's, but I guess this is me, this is us" He said and gently grabbed my hand.

"Aria, will you marry me?"

EZRA'S POV

"Aria, will you marry me?"

That was the question. That was the question I was dying to ask her, the question I've been planning for a few months now, which didn't go as planned but still, it was perfect.

It was perfect untill I saw Aria. She was just staring at me, like I was blank space. A tear formed in her eye, and suddenly her eyes shot up.

"Aria?" I asked, but she just started crying and ran to the bedroom. "Aria wait!" I yelled and ran after her, but before I could try to stop her she was on the phone with someone.

"Hanna!" Aria said. "Hanna, something happened!" Aria cried out.

It was a mistake. It was too soon. This, this whole idea, is one big fat ugly mistake.

"Ezra proposed to me!" Aria cried out, and it was now she had reached my limit.

"Aria!" I yelled and took the phone away from her. "I'm sorry okay? I should've known it is too soon! I'm sorry!" I sighed but Aria just gave me a confused look.

"Wait.. I didn't answer you.. Did I?" She asked

"No, and I understand that if-" I began, but got cut off by Aria's lips crashing on mine. "What?" I asked, when she finally pulled back

"Of course I want to marry you, silly!" Aria exclaimed and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I can't wait to marry you!"

"What? But..."

"But I was stupid, I thought I had already answered your damn question, I'm so fucking stupid!" Aria laughed and cupped my face once again, crashing her lips on mine again.

"Okay.. So just to be sure, we are getting married now, right?" I asked and Aria just laughed

"Oh yeah, you're stuck with me now, too late to change your mind" Aria smiled and I pulled her in one big hug.

"Oh thank god, I was afraid you said no" I sighed and pressed a kiss on top of her head.

"You know I wouldn't do that"

"I know, I was just afraid it was-"

"Too soon? Ezra, it's time to move on! Five freaking years! The only thing left from that period are the scars on my wrist. I promise you. I'm ready. I love you."

"Oh Aria, I love you so damn much, you have no idea"