Chapter Ten

- One Month Later -

It turned out that in fact Savage's baby was still alive, and very much a healthy baby. Her stomach was rounder now, but she refused to relax like Nux kept trying to make her do.

In the last month Nux had been teaching Savage all of the secrets he knew about the Citadel, all the secret caves or best parts he could steal off of other war boys. Savage had even taken to sleeping with Nux out in one of the small cave rooms he used as a sleeping quarters, despite his protest that it was too damp and cold.

Savage had mostly been trying to improve her car, the biggest change was the large ramming grill on the front bumper. She had also been teaching the war pups about being a black thumb and how to drive cars, something the now dead war boys failed to do properly. They all dotted on Savage, especially since they knew that she was a ten time running Gastown Races champion.

Savage's current project was restoring an old rusted sports car into a war car for Nux, since he had lost his buggy in the storm out on what had been dubbed the "Battle of Fury Road". Nux knew nothing about it. Savage had even recruited some of the war pups to help distract Nux when she was busy working on the car, who were all too eager to help her.

Even though her stomach wasn't that big yet, Savage still found herself bumping into things she usually wouldn't. Like when she was working on a car engine, if Savage leaned to far in she would bump her stomach on the bumper.

After a long day of working on the many cars Savage found herself wandering through the tunnels to the cave she shared with Nux. He was already lying there, having been told to take it easy by the Organic Mechanic, but his breathing had improved thrice over. Savage would almost call him perfectly healthy.

"Hey Nux," Savage murmured as she slid down onto the animal furs Nux used as a bed. He smiled widely at her and kissed the tip of her nose.

"You have been working all day again, haven't you?" Nux tried to say sternly, but came out rather amusing.

"Stop worrying so much," Savage giggles as she ran her hands over Nux's bare chest. She hadn't lain with Nux in awhile, and now she suddenly wanted him very badly.

Savage slipped her leather jacket and green tank top off, Nux's hands instantly finding her stomach bump. She smiled as she grabbed at Nux's pants, pulling them off in one fluid movement. Nux rolled on top of Savage as he kissed her breasts slowly, his hands working off her pants.

Savage ran her fingers down Nux's back, her nails leaving red lines where she touched. Nux lowered himself down into Savage, kissing her stomach as he made love to her. They hadn't been so intimate in such a long time that Savage cherished every minute of it.

"I love you so much, war boy," Savage whispered into Nux's ear.

"I love you too, war girl".

*  *  *

Hey guys, thank you for reading my book! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! :)