The Lost One / Revenge of the Luna Queen

Story Description (for The Lost One):

At 19, life has given Aislinn Nox many things, most of them she never wanted.

Like dead parents at the age of six.
Scars.
A slaughtered pack.
Nightmares.
To be forced to live with humans. 

Thirteen years of hell.

A new name.

An old legacy. 

All of them are hers, all of them have broken her, but none of that will matter when she finally gets the one thing she desires; REVENGE.For five years she has been planning. Planning the revenge for the brutal murder of her parents, for the vicious slaughter of her entire pack. 

And nowhere, in those neat little plans, has she included; a new pack or friends, they do NOT include a mate, and most certainly not remembering everything and everyone she has lost. 

But life is cruel. 

And rarely do we get what we want.

.

.

Kaiden Salvatori is the first born son of Alpha Sergio Salvatori, who thought he had life all figured out. He was easily learning the ropes of the family business, taking over his roles both in the pack as Alpha, as well in the corporate world as a powerful CEO. It was all simple and predictable, boring even.

But that all changes in a single night when he happens to stumble across a she-wolf being hunted on his territory, discovering that not only is she a rogue herself but that she also happens to be his mate.

.

.

In that one fateful encounter everything changes. Lies will be uncovered. Truths revealed. Enemies exposed.When secrets and betrayals come, both Kaiden and Aislinn will be forced to choose; what are they willing to give up, and what they are prepared to fight for. Fate has destined them for each other, but sometimes even that just isn't enough.

Story Description (for the sequel to The Lost One, Revenge of the Luna Queen):

Love. 

That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never felt so proud and so complete as he did when he woke up that morning with his mate safe and secure in his arms only to see his mark displayed on her skin. She was his and he was never going to let her go.

Of course there would be challenges, they were planning to face off and hopefully take down the most powerful men in their world. But they were gaining followers. They now had other Alphas standing beside them and a growing pack. Each and every one was prepared to fight. To fight for her and for the good of their species. She held the answers for them all. For their whole kind. 

But then the unthinkable happens. Aislinn is gone. She disappears in the night and takes his love and their hope with her. Kaiden is determined to get her back, the problem is if Aislinn wants to be found.

Anger.

Aislinn had tried. She had given into fate, succumbed to the shellfish desire to be typical, to be happy, but she wasn't those things. She wasn't unbroken. Or normal. Or whole. She was completely and absolutely and irreparably shattered. 

For five years she had planned, had lived only for vengeance. Then her mate had come and swept her away. He'd broken through her walls and restarted her heart. She loved him. She truly deeply did. Even as broken and twisted as she was, she knew she loved him. She was so proud, so happy that she wore his mark but some things could not be erased. Even by love.

Some things could not be forgotten. 

Could never be forgiven.

Fate. 

The entire werewolf world is on the brink of war. Packs and Alphas are beginning to choose sides and the stakes will only grow as the whispers of Royal succession and a lost Heir begin to surface. 

Fate brought Kaiden and Aislinn together but in the face of their pasts and all that is out to rip them apart it may not be enough to keep them.

My Opinion:

These books are part of my werewolf streak.

So before we get in to anything, the reason for both The Lost One and its sequel to be in the same part is because I read it continuously, so to me it was just one continuous story. I added The Lost One to my reading list and headed right over to the sequel. 

See? I need to get a life.

About the books. The author writes with such a realistic fluidity that hardly anything seemed out of place. The transitions for Aislinn's character were written well; it didn't feel unnatural at any point. Additionally, the imagery is absolutely amazing throughout both books.

These are, and will most likely continue to be, my favorite werewolf books. 

Oh, also, I love the covers.