Fighting Festival

"The real festival begins now!"

"LAXUS!" Old man Makarov yelled at the stage. "Freed and Bickslow!" Someone yelled. I looked towards the voice, and saw a black haired wizard. He's the one who strips all the time, Juvia's Popsicle. I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the bar.

"Why don't we play a game, old geezer?" Laxus sneered at his grandfather. "Don't do something stupid, we have to get ready for Fantasia. Turn them back to normal, now!" Makarov looked ready to pop a vein. "Fantasia? That's not until tonight. If we hurry, people might still get to see it." Laxus sounded amused. Lightning arced down from the ceiling, aimed straight for the princess. "STOP IT!" Makarov's face was almost purple. At the last second, the bolt curved and missed the blonde statue.

Laxus walked up to her with a sly smirk and threw his arm around her stone shoulders. "I'll take these girls as my hostages. If anyone breaks the rules, I'll break one of these statues. Like I said, this is the main show!"

"There are things that can't be taken as a joke, Laxus!" I didn't think the geezer could look any more angry. As I finally reached the bar, the Lightning Asshole's goons were piping up, "It's just a game, to find out who..." one said, "is the strongest here in Fairy Tail!" the other finished.

"The rules are simple," Laxus stated. "The last survivor wins! The Battle of Fairy Tail begins now!" I turned to look over my shoulder again, to see the reactions of the Fairies. All of a sudden a table went flying into the air.

"Isn't this great?!" Natsu stood where the table had previously been. "This is way too simple! I'm all fired up!!" Tch. Of course he'd be excited. "Natsu. Your attitude really pisses me off!" Blondie snarled at the Salamander. The pink haired idiot smiled even bigger and ripped off his jacket. He took off running at Laxus, people trying to talk him out it. "Did you forget how badly you were beaten by Laxus the last time?!"

"I was just a little kid then!" Salamander explained, not slowing at all. "Wasn't that just last year?!" Gihi. This should be funny. "Calm down, Natsu..." That was the only warning he got, then he was struck by a bolt of lightning that hit him so hard it knocked him out. No one else was laughing, so I didn't, but I wanted to.

"If you want them normal, you'll have to defeat us." The brunette said.

"There's only four of us, you have almost a hundred people. It's not fair for us." Man that guy is weird, his tongue was hanging out of his mouth like a dog. Whatever. I thought. These losers aren't my problem. I jumped over the bar, and knelt down on the floor, looked for something metal to eat on the shelves. I'd stay nearby, so if those asses decided to do something to Juvia, I could stop them. Or the shrimp. She'd come to enough harm recently.