S E V E N T E E N | Now I Was Sweating

{Edited}

Song: Anchor

Artist (s): Cailee Rae

I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

"What now?"

"I don't know"  I sighed sitting down against a wall. 

"Let's just go with it" Alec grabbed my arm pulling me up. The spell would wear off in a few seconds and everyone will be clueless. Soon enough everyone began to gain back their senses as they looked around confused. We mimicked them.

"Everybody calm down!" Chance yelled getting everyone to quieten down. 

"Please take a se-"

"Rogues" A pack member shouted pointing to the stash of bodies. We decided not to hide the bodies since the Pack had to know about the Rogue attack to discover the reason behind it. We gasped along with the rest of the Pack.

"Please stay calm. We will get to the bottom of this" Alpha walked to the bodies before kneeling down next to them, as if analysing them. Chances eyes glazed over.

"They were sent" Now I was seriously interested. 

"By who?" I asked before I could stop myself. All eyes were on me.

"We don't know yet, but their wrists are branded. They were bought." Chance answered after a minute of mind-linking.

"Does anyone remember what happened?" He asked addressing everyone. Everyone shook their heads. Me and Alec included. 

"School's over. Everyone head back to the Pack house." Everyone left. Alec and I looked at each other sighing in relief before following the crowd. I tugged on Alec's sleeve pulling him in the direction of the woods. 

"I need to shift" I explained.

"Me too. I haven't shifted since we arrived here" He nodded taking us to the centre. I ran behind the tree stripping before placing the clothes inside my bag. I left my bag hidden behind the tree. Within seconds my human body shifted into a night grey wolf. I trotted out in search of Alec and saw his brown wolf near the stream taking a sip. 

'Race you'  I ran off into the woods, Alec close on my heels.

'You'll never beat me' Alec's voice shouted in my head as he fell into step with me. 

'No. Not this time' I pushed myself forward just before I got to the winning space I was tackled down by someone. And it wasn't Alec.

A huge midnight black wolf stood on top of me, snarling at Alec. Alec growled back but didn't take a step forward. He knew exactly who it was and so did I.

Alpha. 

He growled again and we all knew what it meant. I looked at Alec and nodded my wolf head. He looked unsure but left. Alpha got off me pushing a bag in my direction. More specifically my bag. He brought it along with him.

I got up shaking the mud off my back before heading behind a nearby tree, bag in my mouth. I shifted. Dressed. Exited. Alpha stood there with only a pair of knee legnth combat cargo shorts. His eight pack was on full view and I couldn't help but stare. I swallowed meeting his gaze.

"Is there a problem Alph-" He growled. I looked at him confused before speaking up again. "Did I do something wrong Al-" He growled stopping me again. I understood.

"You don't want me to call you Alpha?" He nodded his head ever-so-slightly. I smiled looking at him.

"Is there a problem, Asher?" A low rumble emitted from his chest. It was everything but angry. In three large strides he was in front of me. I backed up. 

"What was that?" His voice was low, rough and husky. I hardly ever hear him speak but when he does. Damn.

"What was what?" I asked confused. He backed me into a tree, pinning both my hands above my head. He was angry. I had seen Asher angry before but never when it was directed at me. He stood there trying to talk, before actually saying something. I knew this was hard for him and I knew there was a reason behind it. He had never spoken, yet here he was.

"You know what" He growled. He slapped his fist against the tree and it shook. Leaves fell around us from the branches and I swear I saw an apple or two.

"I...I really don't" I whispered. You know that feeling you get, where you feel your heart drops to your stomach? Have you ever been yelled at by someone who you thought would never yell at you? but when they do, you just want to cry? Not because you're weak or hurt but just because it was so unexpected. That's me right now. I want to cry but not in-front of him.

"Whatever you did. Did not work on me" He gritted. Now I was sweating. My magic didn't work on him. Why? "I'm your Mate. It would never work on me" He answered my un-asked question. It made sense. We were both equal. It was so obvious, yet I was completely oblivious.

"I didn't intend any harm" I justified. He looked down at me for a second before releasing me. He turned around showing off his muscular back. I clutched my wrist bringing it up to my chest. Red imprints decorated it like a bracelet as a stinging sensation took place. He didn't mean it. I know that. While I was blowing on my wrist to calm the sting, they were taken into another pair of warm hands. Asher stood in-front of me bringing my wrists up to his mouth placing little butterfly kisses across them. Sparks ran up my arms and down my spine. If it felt like this when the bond wasn't as strong as it should be, since I'm not eighteen, what will it be after I'm eighteen?

"I'm sorry" He whispered against them. At this moment I knew that this was not the Asher the world knew. The world saw the cruel, dominating, vicious Alpha who had no heart. Yet, in front of me, was the man who would do anything to protect his Pack. A man who would risk his life for them. A man who worried about the little things. 

"How about we go back, and I expalin everything?" I suggested. He nodded wrapping an arm around my waist, leading us to the Pack house.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

{A/N: My Homiiiesss! Wassup?? Hope you're all doing well. Just to let you know the part where Alicia felt like crying is something which is normal. I remember once someone who I thought would never shout at me did, And I cried. Just like that she wanted to too. It's normal. Anyway please...

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Lots of Love - Me