Chapter Twenty Five

All Pierce wanted to do when he was released from the Hospital Wing was to find Julius and relax. He had made it outside of the Hospital Wing when fate decided some other plans for him.

"Oh Pierce! There you are!" He quickly found himself wrapped in a hug causing his body to become extremely tense. Lindsey pulled away and looked up at him. "How are you feeling? Are you alright? Did Madam Pomfrey finally release you?"

Lindsey never seemed to stop talking. She would ask so many question but never wait for a reply which drove Pierce mental.

"Merlin, give me strength." he muttered under his breath.

"Did you see the sign I held up while you were fighting the dragon?"

"No, I was too busy fighting the dragon, Lindsey. I didn't have much time for sign seeing." he said throwing his hands into the pocket of his robes, and attempting to ditch the girl, but Lindsey was not one to take a hint.

The idea of her following him around like a puppy dog irritated Pierce to no end as he just wanted to be left alone.

"Congratulations on getting second place, although I think you should have gotten first." Lindsey continued. "One moment everyone thought you were dead and the next you show up with the egg in hand. It was amazing!"

"Thank you, Lindsey, really, thank you for all of your support but I really ought to be going right now. I need to find Julius."

"But why?" Lindsey whined with a pout.

Pierce grimaced before sighing. "That's why. Bye bye." he gave her a small smile and a wave before leaving to find his best friend.

When Pierce arrived to the Ravenclaw Tower, he had hardly made it passed the Eagle Knocker and door when he was tackled to the side.

"You're free!" Julius' voice rang out.

Pierce groaned as his back had collided with the floor causing him to nearly lose all of his breath.

"I think I'm on my way back to the hospital wing."

"Sorry." Julius chuckled. "I'm just really glad to see you."

"I couldn't tell." Pierce mused as Julius helped him up off the ground. Suddenly, the Ravenclaw Common Room exploded with cheers as the other students in the room began to congratulate Pierce on his victory with the dragon.

Confetti and cheering surrounded him as students came over to hug him or pat him on the back.

"What's all this?" Pierce asked Julius. 

"Well, we didn't get to celebrate after the First Task ended because you were in the hospital, but..hey, you're back and now it's time to party!"

"Yes but..oh what the hell... let's party!"

While Pierce enjoyed being viewed in a positive light by his peers especially after the discovery of his mother, he didn't remain at the Common Room party for long. Eventually, he just headed up to the dorms and sat on his bed with the golden egg in his lap scanning over it carefully.

"Did the party get to you that fast?"

He turned his head to see Julius standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, well, you know me, I've never been big on crowds and such."

"I know, but everyone wanted to celebrate your victory and I couldn't tell them no."

Pierce smiled. "You don't have to stay up here, go back and enjoy yourself, Julius."

Instead of listening to Pierce, Julius grabbed a chair from the corner and brought it over to sit across from him.

"So have you figured out the thing yet? I haven't heard of any of the other champions getting it."

"No. I haven't opened it yet."

"Oooh, open it!" Julius said leaning on the chair and bouncing.

Pierce gave him a look before he laughed. "Alright."

The two boys leaned in as Pierce opened it up only to be deafened by an ear shattering scream before Pierce closed it again.

He glanced over to see Julius on the ground covering his head with his arms causing Pierce to snort.

"Uh Julius-"

"Merlin's knickers." Julius said sitting up. "What in fresh hell was that? Sounded like one of those sirens. Certainly loud enough."

"Right, I..."Pierce eyed the egg for a moment. "What did you say, Julius?"

"Huh? I said it was loud enough."

"Before that."

"Merlin's knickers?"

"After that."

"Fresh hell?"

"After that!"

"I said it sounded like one of those sirens. You know the ones on the muggle.." Julius voice trailed off as Pierce stood up on his bed and began jumping up and down.

"Julius, you brilliant being, get up here!"

"What?" Julius eyed his dear friend before he was yanked up to jump on the bed as Pierce celebrated whatever victory Julius couldn't figure out.

"I'm going to jump, but only because I think you're mentally unstable right now and I don't want you to hurt me."

"Don't you see, Julius? You figured it out!"

"I did?"

"Yes, you just might be a Seer after all!"

"I still don't get it, but okay!" Julius said as the two linked arms and danced upon the bed. "Seriously, why are we celebrating? What did we figure out?"

"The Second Task, my dear Cohen."