Introduction

Ivory Whitaker | Memo

"Please Memo." Journee begged as I continued to ignore her watching Gossip Girl on Netflix.

"No."

"Gimme one reason why and I'll drop it."

"Because I would rather stay in and watch Netflix and eat snacks."

"That's not good enough, c'mon Memo your 16 years old and never been to a party. This is a perfect one to break you in since it's the last party to end Christmas break."

"Why don't you go with your other friends?"

"Because they have other plans, how about if you don't like it we'll leave? Please Memo?"

"Fine but I have to ask my mom and if she says no I'm not going."

"Okay, go ask while I pick out your clothes." I rolled my eyes but went to my mother and father room.

"Ma?" I knocked on her door.

"Come in." When I walked in she was brushing her curls out while my father laid back on his phone.

"I have a question to ask."

"I might have an answer."

"Well I wondering can I go to a party-"

"No." My dad said without looking up from his phone.

"JC let her finish her sentence."

"No need, she's not going."

"Gimme one reason why."

"Because it's boys at a party, I didn't make ugly kids. Boy plus pretty daughter equal grandkids. Nope. Go study or something."

"JC I went to plenty of parties and never came back pregnant."

"Alyssa you could of been, don't forget about the kickback at my house." She rolled her eyes.

"So where Jaylen and Avery? Why they could go to parties without all this?"

"Because it's different this my princess and Avery and Jaylen some retarded ass niggas."

"I'm your princess." She rolled her eyes and he finally looked up from his phone.

"Don't start Alyssa Riley Lynn Whitaker."

"My last name King since you wanna be childish." She walked in the closet as he sighed.

"So is that a no?" I asked.

"Yeah." My dad said the same time my mother said "No."

"JC she's going, she already doesn't have a life let her enjoy one party."

"Wow thanks mom." I said sarcastically

"No offense baby." Yeah because that makes it better.

"Aight since you going lemme give you a few ground rules. Go with somebody you know gon have your back if you fight-"