Italian Job

Hello! This is an essay i had to write for my english class, therefore it is not great. If anyone wants to use this as an outline and write an amazing story.... GO AHEAD. I'D LOVE TO READ IT! But if you just wanted something to read.... here is my story.

Italian Job

I was in Sorrento, Italy, visiting my grandparents. This little town was the home of Athena and of the sirens. My dog was extremely energetic that morning so I took him for a walk at the beach. Everything was fine until my dog ran into an old house. I followed him. The dark, musty mansion smelt of carrion.It overlooked the glimmering blue waves that washed on the shore. I turned the knob without success. I jumped through the window and a cloud of dust rose by my feet where I landed. Having no time to waste I hurried up the stairs. Halfway through the climb, a creaky board gave away and down went my leg followed by the rest of me. My head hit something hard and darkness consumed me.

I awoke with pain crawling up my leg. I must have caught my leg on the wood and cut it on my fall. The only thing I could see was darkness and a small light at the end of the room I was in. I got up but as soon as I took a step my leg collapsed from the pain. Under me I felt cold lumpy objects covered with some clothing. It smelled disgusting. Deciding to crawl, I made my way over to the blinking light. I felt around until I touched the shape of what I thought was a switch. I flicked it expecting light to take over the room. I only saw red numbers appear counting backwards from 9:59:59. It took me about a millisecond to realize it was a bomb counting down what might be the last ten minutes of my life. I tore off a cloth from under me and wrapped it around my leg to stop the bleeding.

Where the cloth had been before, I saw now a small light but it appeared to be covered by many bodies that were about twice the size as me. The whole floor was covered with the forms. Without thinking, I pushed away the bodies. It was hard at first but just thinking about the bomb made my adrenaline kick in. About two minutes later I was staring at a trapdoor. I pulled it open and I saw a tight tunnel. Deciding I had no choice, I followed it.

At last I saw stone stairs. At the end of the stairs there was a closet door. I shoved through the coats hanging before it. I estimated about two minutes left before the bomb went off. I was proven wrong when I heard a loud beeping noise. I darted to a beautiful balcony hanging over the water and jumped as a strong blast helped boost me off as well as burn my clothing. And for the second time that day, I was unconscious as I hit the water. I woke up on hot sand with papers scattered all over me. The house was still burning. I walked over to the stream and washed salty seaweed from my long, brown hair and then I pulled my curls into a tight ponytail. I looked to my right and saw a German Sheppard with scorched fur. I read the nametag and realized it was mine. It appeared he jumped out like I did, but he did not live. I looked up a saw that there were papers scattered all around me. Some were burnt to ashes.There was a unique file that caught my attention. It was still burning too. I smothered the flame with the sand and picked it up. It had confidential written in red ink on the front. I opened it at realized it was information about an Italian man named AgostinoLettiere. It had every single detail about him, from his age to what his favorite song is. I noticed there were a few pages that were either torn out or burnt. I didn’t give it much importance. I noticed there was an object taped to the back. I turned it over and got the tape recorder. I clicked play and it started:

“He knows too much. He has to be eliminated. Get rid of him on his birthday. I do not care how you do it; just make it look like an accident.”

I put the pieces together and realized that they were going to kill this 30 year old man whose birthday was in approximately 2 days. I had to help him. I did not enjoy helping people, but I did not want anyone else suffering what I experienced. I called a taxi and instructed him to 211 Via Veneto, where Agostino lived. As we approached the street, the houses became smaller and older. Finally the driver stopped at the nicest looking house. I paid the man 10, 78€ and slowly walked towards the house. I knocked twice and stepped back. A large man opened the door and asked cautiously, “Yes?”