O N E

It seemed to happen often.

She had lost to Charlotte once again, losing her chance at holding the NXT Women's Championship, hurting her deeply because she deserves it more than anybody else, but they don't give her a shot at holding the title.

Sasha went through the halls of the NXT backstage area, angry and upset. She wanted it more than anything, to be able to hold up the championship she rightfully deserved, but she couldn't hold herself any longer.

She had to give up and it was disappointing, everyone giving her small glances here and there as she continued walking.

She didn't know where she was going, but all she wanted was some peace so she wouldn't have to deal with anybody.

She then turned left into the NXT women's locker room where she hoped that there was no one and once she opened the door, she got what she hoped for. No one was in her sights. Only darkness—a darkness that wasn't hard to see through.

She took a deep breath in and sat on a nearby bench, slouching over and placing her face in her hands. She closed her eyes and peacefully thought about what she could've done differently in her match just a few minutes ago.

Thoughts overran her mind like Charlotte getting congratulated by every person in each locker room. It angered her because it should be her getting congratulated for all the hard work she has done to get to where she is now.

And one way to prove all that hard work is by having that NXT Women's Championship wrapped around her waist, though she doesn't.

She took a breath in and relaxed until she decided to stand up, where she took one step and hit someone's shoulder with her own. She wasn't clearly paying attention, because the dark figure was obvious, but she didn't even know anyone was in this room with her.

She was pushed back a bit by the sudden contact, her eyes looking but it was as if the person left her sight until she heard footsteps, not coming towards her but walking further from her.

The lights flickered on, revealing the painted man. The painted Demon himself, Finn Bálor.

Finn held the side of his stomach, his eyes staring at her, who was staring right back at him with an upset glare. She was a bit confused about why he was even there, it was the women's locker room after all, but more importantly, he was standing right in front of her as she was getting up.

She didn't understand what he was doing so that made her a bit pissed.

Finn finally took a deep breath in before making the decision to help Sasha up. He walked over to her and hesitantly held his hand out and she glared at it before placing hers in it. She broke the silence, sighing, "Of course, it would be you."

She watched his eyebrows bent in confusion, she would have seen his expression if he wasn't covered in his paint, "What do you mean?" He asked, picking her up to her feet as she stood right before him and that's when she took a glimpse at him.

His body was still covered with paint, mixed with sweat from his recent match. The paint cascaded down his body and his hair was a complete mess.

Though seeing that, Sasha kept on with her rude attitude, "You seem like the person who would watch over someone in the dark." Finn crossed his arms while staring at her figure, his lips curving into a grin.

She was making him out to him being some creep but he wasn't. He was only concerned, "I was only checking if you were alive."

He breathed in, "I came in and closed the door pretty hard, thinking people were in here, but you were here and you just looked pretty lifeless."

She sucked her teeth, sudden realization expressing on her face. She decided to ask the question she was thinking about before, "Why are you even here?" She asked, rudely, her eyebrows furrowing as his light eyes stared at her.

"This is the women's locker room if you didn't know."

"I know it is," He started with a shrug, rubbing the back of his neck in an embarrassed gesture. "I was looking for someone in here and I stumbled across you. And being the nice guy that I am, I decided to check if you were okay, because, like I said, you looked like you were dead."

His shoulders seemed to shrug, "Clearly, you didn't like the kind gesture." She rolled her eyes, scoffing at his reply, and was about to cross her arms like him, but that was before she noticed smeared paint on her shoulder, along down her arm.

She sucked her teeth in disgust, "Ew, I have your paint on me." Finn chuckled in response.

"It isn't just paint." He was insulted by her statement, it made her laugh inside, but physically, she kept her same, irritated attitude apparent.

Her eyes looked up at his light blue ones, giving him a rude look, "Well, who does this besides you?" She pointed at his painted body, clearly disgusted.

"It's called having a character." He answered as she tried to rub off the paint but she only made it worse, smudging it all over her skin and gear, which made her let out an aggravated breath.

"It's not my fault my gimmick doesn't consist of sunglasses and shiny jackets," He meant that playfully but with him hugging along with it, it did come off a bit rude.

"Why do you even still have all that paint on? Wasn't your match a while ago?" She asked, disregarding his other comment whilst glaring at him with her brown eyes and a serious look.

"Yeah, it was, but I just enjoy being covered in this paint mixed with all my sweat so I left it on." He breathed out, sarcastically, his eyes rolling.

It took her a second before she started to think about it, it caused her to start laughing. It wasn't that serious, but she continued laughing, which made him look at her, his face expressing a peculiar look.

He tilted his head in confusion because he didn't mean for his sarcastic statement to be that funny. He didn't even think she would let a laugh out or even a smile at it.

Her laughing came to a stop and Finn held the side of his stomach, letting out a breath. For some reason, it caught her attention and she became somewhat worried.

Her eyes fell upon his hand clutching his side, "Did you get hurt in your match?" It would make sense since he did have a grueling match earlier tonight. She immediately felt bad for attacking him as she tensed up with a concerned look.

"No," He tried to seem like a tough guy, but she narrowed her eyes and put her hands on her hips, making him sigh, "Well, yeah, but it's nothing to worry about, at least." He spoke, shrugging his shoulders

"I feel like I should repay you. For you know, making sure I wasn't dead." She spoke, jokingly, looking back up at his eyes, staring at them. He had laughed at her joke, enjoying the fact that she considered his nice act.

He scratched the back of his head, "No, you don't have to do anything, Sasha. It's fine." He chuckled with a slight shrug, smiling as his eyes right stared back at her.

He felt somewhat happy, having a conversation with someone other than Hideo or Sami, even though it was coming to an end.

"No, I need to pay you back. That's what we do here if you didn't know," Sasha smirked, remembering that he was new to NXT grounds before walking past him to the door.

"I'll see you around, Finn." She grabbed the doorknob and twisted it, leaving the room and walking into the hallways once again, feeling content about what happened.

Though their conversation wasn't very entertaining, she felt happy that she talked to someone - - someone who made her forget about everything that happened before they started talking.

She'll remember him, Finn Bálor.

Finn stood there with a grin on his face. Americans were strange but he found her quite cute and very, very intriguing. He had to talk to her again, but with a more exciting topic.

She had a name he will sure remember, Sasha Banks.

inspired by paint and be aware of unintentional spelling errors.