The Transfusion

It was still dark when Ean woke up from his sleep. As usual, he can't remember anything with the gap on his mind, or even feel the cold that he saw from the dark skies of the human capital. He looked at the steel bars that keeps him and the other non-human locked up waiting for the next mission. 

He remembered his last mission on the Capital of the Dragons, Anaia, where his partner for the mission got chopped into half by a weird monster that felt that he was the same as them. He was a powerful one. But the pity of his dead partner never crossed his mind, as if he has no emotion. As to why he doesn't know. He doesn't recall anything after he escaped from the human city where he left his parents. As if there was a big whole on his memories.

He was staring at the cell blankly when he heard a call from one of the kids on the dungeon where the stones are old with a mix of grey and black colors. The cell they were in is big enough for them to walk quite a few steps and breath the smokey smell from outside of the castle.

Ean looked for the voice who was calling him, he walked towards the steel bars that prevents them from walking outside of the prison they were in. "Hey, werewolf boy." The call was clear this time. It was a boy's voice just beside his room.

"What?" His deep voice questioned the other one who still retained it's childlike sound, despite being a boy who he thinks that same age as him as the way he addressed him.

"I was wondering, where was the dragon boy who is just in front of my room?" The other one inquired.

"Dead."

"That was a deadpanned answer from an energetic guy like you." The other boy commented Ean's way of answering him. But at the same time, Ean noticed that there was a hint of sadness and curiousity from his tone. "He was a good guy." Ean knows, but he did not answer the follow up comment about the dragon boy who is already dead. He can understand a little as to why that was the expression he made, but never really felt anything to support his understanding.

Soon after, they heard locks being twisted and a huge banging of the wooden door on the stone wall of the cell echoed through the corridro they were in. Ean returned to the dirty white sheets he has as a bed and seated himself and waited patiently for the guards to pass.

It was as if eversince he found himself waking up on the same room, he already know that moving around will agitate the humans. He doesn't understand the anger in their hearts, but he knows and feels that there must be something aside from the difference of appearance. Though he has the same look as the humans, they can't transform into a wolf or shift into a were-creature that he can do.

He heard again the locks being opened, but this time, it has an iron feel to the doors that was opening. He didn't looked outside but he can feel that someone new was looking at him. He looked at his bars, and there was a man standing outside. He has a different feel than the usual guards that was keeping them in check. He was wearing something like a noble would wear, with dignity, with assurance in his power, both politically and in terms of streagnth. Ean also noted that, he was not just an ordinary human, as to what, he doesn't know.

Soon, the other guards are carrying other kids from the cells in the corridor, they were being held rashly. Ean also saw that the grip of the guards, leathery hands pains the kids. Somehow, his blood began boiling. He kept his silence because that was his mind that he should keep still because making an action about it will surely put him in a hard time.

"He will be the base." The man who was different than the rest said and began opening the locks from the iron bars that was keeping Ean and the man from reaching each other. He stood up and as soon as the guards entered the room, they took him with an iron hands.