Chapter 23: Have To Let You Go

Chapter 23: Have to Let You Go

POV: Carson.

We were all in three trucks headed to the base to pick up basic supplies.

“Do we have any idea of location? Over.” I heard Tyler call over the radio.

“Nothing, yet. Over.” Andrew said.

I sighed. God I hope she was okay. I looked over at Arianna who was now out of her party attire. She was wearing a pair of leather pants and combat boots and a white tank top with a tight leather jacket over it. Her hair was in a long practical braid down her back. She glanced at me out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes were still completely black.

“I’m going to kill them.” She sneered.

“Don’t worry, we will find her.” Aidan reassured.

We pulled into the base.

“We have exactly 14, hours before they will take her out of the country. Over.” I heard Andrew say over the radio.

I grabbed the radio.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“I have a got a trace on Ben’s phone. I intercepted some text through the satellite signal. They plan to sell her off. I’m sorry Carson. Over.” He said.

“Can we track them down? Over.” I asked.

“There is something blocking it from being tracked. I’m hoping I can intercept something to give away their location. Over.” He said.

I sighed.

“Please, keep trying. Over.” I said.

 We all drove into a huge metal building with a garage door that held mostly vehicles, weapons and food and medical supplies. I jumped out of the truck. I sighed.

“Wow, you never realize how much you’d miss a place.” I said.

Andrew smiled and slapped my back.

“It’s weird that it feels like home eh?” He said.

I just nodded.

Mike walked over, handing me a jacket.

I looked at the jacket, it was my old jacket. It was a green army jacket with thick patches stitched to it. Mike stood at attention and saluted.

“Welcome back Sir.” He said slightly smiling.

I looked down at the coat.

“I’m not your commanding officer anymore.” I said.

He looked at me confused.

“Carson, look we’ve all been out of the game for awhile. We all went out on reserve when you and Tyler went MIA. We can’t do this with out you commanding us.” He explained.

 I sighed and looked at the other guys who nodded in agreement.

“I promise I won’t let you guys down this time.” I said.

Mike put his large hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

“You didn’t in the first place.” He said.

I just smiled weakly and put on the jacket. I looked over at Andrew.

“Andrew! I want you in the sky! I want you to scout every inch of this country, all the way to the French coast line.” I said.

He looked at me weird.

“Cars- I mean sir! That would be impossible to do with one copter, I’ll run out of fuel.” He said.