8. Mum and the Mean World Syndrome

Start from the beginning

To hide or not to hide that was the question.

While, I was busy debating this idiotic question (it seems idiotic in retrospect, y'know), one of the prefects had grabbed hold of my bag and started emptying its contents on my (not mine, actually. It belongs to the school) table.

My heart literally stopped.

I actually considered jumping out the balcony for a while but then, I realized I wouldn't be able to break through the railing and all and in the end, it wouldn't really be worth it. Besides, I would just end up looking like a silly circus clown.

Anyhow, the prefect (who was bloody short, by the way) started sassing me about bringing the DVDs and saying that they weren't allowed and all kinds of things.

What hadn't crossed my mind was that we were not supposed to bring electronic gadgets. And the DVDs weren't, obviously, electronic gadgets.

I simply told her to return them and said that I wouldn't do it again. Ever. She started doing all kinds of drama and gesticulated madly with her hands (she had no idea how silly she looked. Nor had I, at that point of time). Then, she gave me a strong shove which made me hit the wall (which was behind me). I got pissed and went up to her and tapped her on the shoulder, demanding to know why she'd shoved me.

Then, she got mad and yelled, "How dare you hit a prefect?! HUH? Do you come from the slums or what that you've got no manners? I'm telling you one thing, you won't be seeing these DVDs for a long, long time!"

Oh Bloody Hell!

I started to cry like a little baby. I must've cried enough to fill a bucket, I guess. I was flailing my arms here and there, pretty randomly, pushing everyone away (you should've seen my classmates! Can't even give a girl privacy to cry in peace! Seriously) and crying some more.

A few minutes later, my friends, Samadrita and Trina, were patting me on the head (not in a very nice and slow manner but were practically hitting the hell out of my head) and they decided to go and call on one of the prefects who, according to them, could try and get my DVDs back.

I was in no mood to listen to anyone especially someone with a prefect badge. Anyhow, the girl told me that she'd brought DVDs to school once and that day their bags were checked too. They were very awesome quality game DVDs, she added. One of the prefects who came to her class took it, showed it to Head Girl, who herself wanted the game DVDs too and later borrowed it from her. But, her DVDs were returned to her that day.

Did I believe her at that point of time? Not really.

Was I in a mood to believe her? HELL NO!!!

I think I've drifted (is that the word for it? I honestly don't know) compleeeetely off my point. That's something I do usually which generally ends up boring people and is probably the reason half my classmates ignore me/ don't bother to talk to me (aren't they both one and the same thing. But, who cares?), I guess.

So, well, long story short, I got the DVDs back by the end of the day and thankfully, my parents (who'd have killed me and sent out the invitation cards for my funeral if they got to know about it) weren't called too.

4:17 pm.

Before, anybody can say why I didn't write about what happened at school today, let me tell you, today was a complete bore, in the first place.

We had English where Ma'am probably didn't come and after that, all hell was unleashed in the form of a little thing that we all very well know as...(drumroll)

MATHS CLASS!!

Well, sorry for being opinionated here, but Maths has always given me a tough time.