Chapter 16

All of a sudden, the front door of my house flew open, causing me to jump away from Marcel.

I turned to see my very angry looking dad.

"Who is this?!" he almost yelled, causing me to flinch. I looked to Marcel, his eyes wide.

"This is... My.. My." I looked towards Marcel again, our eyes meeting, "My boyfriend." 

Marcel's features softened, his eyes not leaving mine. His eyebrows rose up slightly, confusion showing on his face.

"Boyfriend?! When did this happen?" my dad said a bit more calmly.

I took a deep breath.

"Dad... Calm down. I'm older than you may like to think..." I said, shifting nervously.

-

It took awhile, but my father finally accepted the fact that I wasn't his little girl anymore. He accepted the fact that I was growing up, practically already grown up, and I made my own decisions.

Pretty soon, Marcel was coming over for dinners with my parents and I.

They liked him.

They actually liked his cheeky, sweet but sometimes annoying as hell self.

I actually liked him.

I forgave him for the shit that had taken place months ago. But... there was still a doubt somewhere inside me. A doubt that maybe he would do it again. That he'd maybe cheat on me, maybe lose interest in me. Sometimes it got to me. But I ignored it.

-

It was close to our finals.

I stayed home all day and studied.

Marcel and I had been apart for awhile, due to the upcoming tests.

I missed him.

I yearned for his touch.

His lips.

I set my pencil down on my desk and whipped my phone out, texting "I miss you :(" to Marcel, before putting my phone on the desk and picking the pencil up again.

I kept writing, checking my phone every three minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Still, no text.

I decided to text him again.

I typed "You there? :/" and was about to set the phone back down when I finally got a reply.

"Ya"

Ya.

Ya was all he responded with.

Ya.

A fucking ya.

I typed "fine." before setting my phone down hard on the desk, annoyed. I continued writing, when my pencil decided to break.

"Are. you. fucking. serious." I murmured through gritted teeth.

I sharpened the pencil and took it out of the sharpener. I tried writing again, only to have it break. Again.

I threw the pencil in frustration.

Why was I getting so mad over small, unimportant things?

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I picked it up and read Marcel's text.

"What's wrong, babe??"

I quickly typed, not bothering to fix my mistakes

"Eveything. All i do is study and study and i NEVER get to see u anymore. school is hell, like always. my parents are always gone.. i miss you and idk. im just done."

I was about to set the phone down, when it buzzed yet again.

"I'll be there in 5. I love you. So much. Can't wait to see you" A smile appeared on my face, my day already a thousand times better.

I got up, running a hand through my hair and started picking up a bit.

+++++++++++++

okay okAY OKAY I KNOW.

I KNOW I haven't updated in about 2-3 months.

I'm so so sorry.

These past few months haven't been the best. It's been kind of hard, you know? Life has.

If this gets 15 votes I'll update. Tonight. Cause I'm thirsty for votes atm ;)

On my last update, I had around 250 reads and only like 8 votes. Seriously? I'm so sorry that I sound so thirsty right now but I just want to know if you guys like my writing. If you do, vote. Thank you.

Thirstiness up there^^

Aha, I hope you guys can forgive me though. Life is hard.

Anyways, vote and comment(:

Hope you guys don't give up on this story..