F i v e

(Y/N)

After another fifteen minutes of walking following our encounter Laxus and I reached the village.  We stuck out like a sore thumb as we walked through the village. All the poor residents were wearing tattered brown clothes while Laxus wore his long fur coat and I (A/N: You can choose your own outfit <3).

As we walked through the crowd they whispered among themselves about us being the Fairy Tail mages there to save their town.

"Are you the Fairy Tail mages we sent for?" A slightly better dressed man asked us. I nodded with a smile. "Can I see your guild marks?"

Laxus lifted his shirt to reveal his guild mark on his chest, and not to mention revealing his muscular torso. I showed him my (color) guild mark on my (body part).

"Lovely, please follow me. I'm the mayor of this village." He smiled gratefully. I walked next to him and made small talk, though my real focus was on Laxus. I just couldn't get my mind off of him; I always wondered what was going through his head when his face looked so emotionless.

We followed the mayor into his house, a slightly larger structure than the rest of the homes but it was still less than a quarter of the size of the guildhall. He explained the job to us and reminded us of how many have been taken, we are to guard the village until we can capture the dark mage and turn him into the Magic Council.

He thanked us once again for coming as Laxus and I left the house. We had decided to camp outside and take shifts guarding the village from the dark mage.

I looked up at the sky and saw the sun was setting, with beautiful orange hues painted across it. I was so enchanted by its beauty that I didn't notice tapping on my leg until Laxus spoke up.

"(Y/n)." He broke me out of my trance.

"Hm?" I looked at him then noticed the little girl next to my leg staring up at me with big blue eyes.

"Are you a wizard?" She asked with curious eyes.

"Yeah!" I grinned down at her.

"Woooow!" Her eyes got wide and she smiled with excitement.

She was about to say something else when an older lady, whom I presumed to be her mom, called her over

"Oh! I'll be right back." She bolted off to her mom. I looked over at Laxus with a happy smile and saw his expression softening up as his gaze followed the little girl. However, when he noticed me his gray eyes became cold again. I looked away disappointed as the little girl came running back.

"My mama told me to give you this!" She held out two plates of food for Laxus and I. I smiled and took the plates, giving one to Laxus.

"Thank you!" I smiled down at her then turned and gave a slight bow to her mother in thanks. Her mom returned the gesture with a big smile that matched her daughter's.