thirty five

thirty five—

he opened his eyes, the bright hospital lights above him making his head begin to hurt.

he immediately reached up, placing his hands on his head tenderly.

"jungkookie?"

jungkook barely registered who it was. he was focused only on his aching head.

who thought up the idea of greeting patients with a big bright light as soon as they woke up?

jungkook didn't know, but now he wanted to.

"jungkookie are you awake?" the voice asked, calling out to him again.

jungkook slowly slid his hands off of his head and looked up, spotting who it was across the room.

peering through the door, was namjoon.

"hyung..." jungkook mumbled.

he was one of the people jungkook knew he had to come back to. him and yoongi both.

they had been there for him in high school whenever he was going through a tough time.

and jungkook was glad that they put up with him for that long, and still were.

"thank god." namjoon whispered.

jungkook was confused.

"i'll go get tae and jimin." namjoon left.

namjoon had a look in his eyes that seemed like utter disbelief.

jungkook wondered what it was, but he nodded silently to the older and he left the room to fetch the two ninety-five liner men.

jungkook swallowed at the thought of jimin coming in to see him.

he was happy to be back with him, but a part of him worried also.

he would have to tell him.

and what a better time than now.

taehyung came running in, mouth open slightly.

"jungkookie!" he cried, and flung himself onto jungkook, hugging him tightly.

jungkook glimpsed his red eyes before he buried his face in jungkooks shoulder.

jungkook winced at the pain in his shoulder, but he smiled and reached up to hug the older back.

"thank goodness you're alive! how in the hell-?!"

"kim taehyung get off of him right now," a grumpy and deep voice said, and jungkook looked up to see a teary eyed yoongi.

"yoongi hyung." jungkook smiled.

"god jungkook, what did we do to you? why did we deserve that?" yoongi choked barely on his words, pulling his boyfriend off of the bedridden jungkook.

jungkook tilted his head to the side, confused.

"that's what i'm wondering, you all look like you saw a ghost or something," jungkooks smile vanished.

"that's because-" taehyung started, but yoongi cut him off, sniffing.

"we should let jimin tell him," yoongi sighed, "but seriously jungkook. never do that again."