8 - Summer Is Ending

Iza's POV

The summer soon faded into autumn, the leaves becoming orange and the air becoming slightly cooler. The rain fell more often, and the blossoms started to pour down from the pink trees around the school.

Kahna had been looking at us funny all day. She knew. There was no doubt about it.

Had she seen over my shoulder?

I needed to do something about this immediately. Before Kahna did something to ruin me. Ruin Azito and me. Our plans.

I clutched the book in my hands, and turned to the page I'd numbered myself.

'Page 666. Revenge'

----

Azito's POV

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt, staring into oblivion.

It was afternoon break, and time for me to meet up with Iza. She decided we needed to talk, and said that action needed to be taken.

I had no idea what she meant, but rushed from my last class, maths, and ran to find her immediately.

Afternoon break was at 2:55pm, fifteen minutes before school ended. A time for us to gather up, sort our stuff, wait for buses and do whatever.

Where was Iza? I didn't know.

I hadn't seen Kahna for a while, and it was beginning to worry me.

Had she gone to tell Summer?

Something had to be done about Kahna. I liked her, but she didn't behave.

So. Either we god rid of Kahna before she spoiled our game, or we finished our job before she stopped us.

So, I met with Iza.

I found her around the back of the school, that book in her hands.

I stood in front of her. She looked across at me.

Our ties and hair flew in the wind, and she curtly nodded at me.

Was it really time already?

She opened the book, and pointed to the familiar page. I nodded to her, this time, and we remained, quietly standing.

I noticed that Iza's eyes were glazed, but when I tapped her shoulder to offer her some comfort, she bravely smiled.

"It's time for us to get what we deserve, Iza," I said. "We have to be strong. This is what we needed all along."

----

Kahna's POV

I thought they were nice. Iza, Azito - the pair of them, so bright, friendly and misunderstood.

I trusted them. I liked them.

I didn't think they'd end up like this; messed up in the head.

No, they didn't end up like that - they were like that all along, right?

Messed up in the head.

I mean, I went to go and speak to Iza... about the sleepover. To invite her to the cafe with Summer and I after school. 

But, she was reading that book. Her eyes, bloodshot and wide. Her grin, sadistic and evil. Twisted. Maniacal.

The drawings. The pictures. The words.

I clasp my hands over my mouth and let out a choked sob, tears streaming down my face.

Summer! I have to save her!

----

Iza's POV

May 7th, 2XXX

The day of your death.