"So! He yo man damn! I wish I had a nigga to come home to and to give a key to." I just shook my head at her nonsense.

She soon got Trinity and headed out and promised to stop by tomorrow. After I clean up the dishes I get the things I need to work on my girls program. I wanted to help orphan and foster girls get their chance into the fashion world. It was something I came up with since it was my passion to help girls have their dreams too. In order to do this I had to pick 50 girls and then place them with someone tailored to what they wanted to do. Once they are done with the program they each get a thousand dollars spending money to use at our company store. I was very excited about this program but I had a lot to do to get it done. I had to set up an orientation to find people to sponsor my project. I put together a list of people/ companies that would possibly be interested and then set up a meeting to meet them.

By the time I am happy with my progress it is 2:00. I curse at myself and rush upstairs to take a shower. I couldn't believe I lost track of time like that. When I got out of the shower I went to my closet to find something to wear. I hated not being prepared. I finally decided to wear skinny boyfriend jeans that rolled up at the bottom with light blue linen button down shirt that I tucked into my pants. I added a pink belt and matching sandals. I put my hair in a tight ponytail so I wouldn't be bothered with my hair and added some simple make-up. When I was done I looked at myself in the mirror, for a quick rush I think I did good.

The doorbell rang and I rushed to get it. When I open the door Cordell has on the same kind of shirt I do but his is a darker blue with khaki shorts and loafers. "Well don't you look handsome?"

"I know this," he said smiling. I shook my head and got my things and locked up.

"So you excited?"

"Excited for what?"

"For me to meet your parents." I just laughed at him. "I'm sorry to tell you this but my mom is someone you don't want to meet."

"And why is that?"

"Let's just say my mom is a difficult person. She has never fully accepted the fact that I am divorced and will not be going back to my ex. Besides that she is a huge pain in the ass more worried about looks than the pain her daughter is in."

"Well you don't have to worry about that now because I am here now. I will make sure you have a good time regardless of what she does." He seemed so sure but I knew my mother; she would do anything to make sure I wasn't happy. I never understood why she treated me the way she did but I did know I did everything in my power to say far away from her. Before my ex she was the one hurting me constantly and when I had the chance I ran as fast as I could.

As he pulled up to her house a bundle of nerves filled me. I always got nervous when I come to this house. "Hey look at me." I turned to him to see him trying to see if I was okay. "Everything will be fine. I will be by your side every step of the way." I nodded and sighed trying to believe his words.

He got out and then came around and helped me out. Before I could walk he held me by the waist making me look up at him. He grabbed me by the chin and then brought his lips to mine. That one kiss put my entire body at ease. He just had a way to make everything okay even when I felt the world around me were collapsing.

He grabbed my hand and then led me into the backyard. When we got there the yard was filled with people. Half these people I didn't even know, my mom just liked to show off. I nodded at some of them and hugged them.

"There sure are a lot of people here."

"Tell me about it. Most of these people I don't even know." I grabbed his hand and headed to the table that had the food. I fixed Cordell a plate full which had fried chicken, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, corn bread, and collard greens. I then made myself a plate with just macaroni and cheese, corn bread, collard greens, and chicken. I found us a spot near a tree and we sat down and ate.

The whole time we laughed and talked as if we were in our own world. We even had a mini food fight because he kept trying to steal food from my plate. We were rudely interrupted by my mother. "There you are Lelaih, I have been looking all over for you," she said smiling wide. I rolled my eyes and got up with Cordell right behind me. "Mother."

"Don't be like that, now tell me who your friend is," she said looking at Cordell. "Mom this is Cordell Jackson." She looked him up and down and then shook her head. "He is not good enough."

"That is not your decision."

"The last time you didn't listen to me, you know what happened."

"Look Cordell is different."

"You said that the last time too," she said glaring at me. "You need to stop chasing these men that don't give a damn about you before you end back to square one. And let me tell you this I will not be there to pick up the pieces once he is done with you." I took a step closer to her, "First off you weren't there the first time, and you were never there. You like to pretend like you are the mother of the year but you have never been a mother to me. When I got married you were the first to push me out and when I got divorced you were the first to tell me to suck it up. You have no idea the hell I have been through so before you try to take part in my love life, you need to first try and act like a damn mother for once." I grabbed Cordell's hand and headed to the truck. I was so mad I didn't know what to do. Just as I went to grab the handle I was pulled back against his chest. He turned me around to face him and breathed out. "I know you have a past and I know it is hard for you to trust again but I want you to know that I will be here every step of the way. Look I have strong feelings for you and I want to see where this goes. I want to give us the chance it needs to be great and I need you to do the same thing. I need you to let us thrive and I need you to put your all into this because if you don't then there is no point. Now do you think you can do that?" I looked up at him and saw nothing but honesty in his eyes. I took a deep breath and nodded. I knew that the only way we would succeed was if I put my all in this and just let life take its course.