Stuck in Naruto (naruto fan-fic)

Stuck in Naruto

"Harry!" I yelled from upstairs.

"What do you want?!" Harry, my cousin, replied annoyed.

So, you’re probably wondering why I would live with my cousin right? Well, let me explain. I used to live with my ‘parents’. When I was young I remember them being a bit angry when I did something wrong, but that is normal, parents get mad at you when you misbehave right? Well, after some time that anger got worse, and they seemed to be angry if I did anything. No matter if I had the best scores in class, I was still a disappointment to them.

It seemed to get worse and worse, and yelling turned to hitting, the normal ‘you can’t see friends this weekend’ punishment turned to a ‘you won’t eat all week’. At first I didn’t know what was wrong; I thought it was my fault and that all parents could get mad and do this. But after a while I realized only my parents were like that. I understood my parents were abusing me. I tried to hold on, talk to them, make them realize they were scarring me not only physically, but emotionally.

I couldn’t take it one day. My mom was really angry… I don’t even remember why. She smacked me. That was nothing compared to what they had done before. But I was so sick of it… I stopped her when she was about to smack me again for talking bad. I knew I was strong, but it wasn’t my intention. Apparently I grabbed her wrist to hard and almost broke it.

Now that made my father angry… furious even. That was the worst night, and I think it will be forever burned in my mind.

I apologized to my mom while I cried, but she just backed away from me.

“How dare you?” my mom shouted, “HOW DARE YOU?”

“What’s going on?” my father said coming down from the stairs, the ever-present beer in his hand.

“This… this thing just talked back to me! Then she broke my wrist!” my mom sobbed.

“It’s not broken,“ I tried to defend. “Besides you smacked me and-“

My ‘dad’ suddenly smacked me too.

“Of course she smacked you! You are always messing things up! You messed up our lives! We never should’ve adopted you!” dad -Or should I just call him stranger now?- shouted.

“A-Adopted?” I said confused.

“Yes you bitch!” he yelled taking me from my hair, making me scream as he pulled me to my room. I knew he was going to punch me till I couldn’t scream anymore. And then maybe scar me with his pocket knife. And so he did, for hours I suffered his last abuse. And when it was over I decided I couldn’t take anymore of this.

The next day when my parents went out I just took all my things and got to Harry’s place.

Harry and I had always been close. We were in the same school, and he would always protect me (even though I was kind of stronger than him). We had grown up together, before my parents had gone all crazy. Harry had been so angry, he confronted my parents about it, but they denied it. As if I didn0t have proof. But after a few days I convinced Harry to just leave it alone, and he agreed, but he’s a bit more overprotective than before.

Harry is 18, and he lived alone in his own apartment, you know, before I joined him. Living with him was fun, we always had something to do. But I just can’t stay here anymore. I have somewhere to be. I know it, and I feel it. If I was adopted it must mean that my real parents are out there somewhere. I need answers.

Why was I put up for adoption? Did my parents not want me? Do I have my father’s eyes? My mother’s personality? Maybe I have a brother? I’ve always wanted a brother… Or maybe it’s a sister? That’d be cool too.

Who did I get this strength from? Is it a family trait?  Because I know I am stronger than other girls and guys... It seems something weird. Like this strength isn’t supposed to belong here.

Maybe if I met my parents it’ll all make sense. All those little things I do by instinct, maybe it’s all related. Is it weird to ask myself all these questions?

I like to imagine my parents at times. I imagine my mom, tall and proud. I imagine her with the same shoulder-length blonde hair as I have; loving, bright eyes and a kind smile. And I imagine my dad with my same eyes, and really athletic. A bit sterner looking than my mom, but kind nonetheless.

I looked at my reflection one last time and sighed, deciding to answer Harry.

"I think... I think I must leave, Harry." I said as I walked downstairs to find him in the couch, with popcorn, watching…  Naruto. Since whenever he is watching Naruto he gets annoyed when interrupt I waited till it went on commercials.

"Huh?" he asked taking his eyes off the screen to look at me.

"I said I think I should leave." I repeated.

"Why?" he asked confused, sitting up and now having his full attention on me.

"Because… I want to find my real parents” I said not looking at him. “Besides I can't stand that stupid Naruto show any longer, you're such a nerd," I joked.

 I actually secretly think Naruto is interesting. I've never watched it, but by living with Harry I got some glimpses, I only know a few things like the duck-butt hair being a jerk, Naruto being completely cute, and the pinkette being a fangirl; also their ‘sensei’ being a pervert. Not to mention they all have great style, I guess it comes with being ninja.

"WHAT? Naruto is not a nerd show! I bet you wouldn't even survive a day there!" he shouted angry.

"Yeah right, nerd," I said grinning evilly. "But it doesn't exist. If it did though, I would totally survive."

"You wouldn't. You're a weak little girly-girl. You'll probably get beaten up by even Sakura," he said smirking.

"Who is Sakura?" I asked curiously. 

"The one with pink hair." he answered still smirking.

"Oh no you didn't!" I shouted as I ran at him and twisted his arm and pushed him to the floor, putting my feet in his face. "Take that back!"

"Never!!" he shouted dramatically making me laugh. "Okay... maybe not Sakura. Let go of me."

"Good guy!" I said as I mockingly patted his hair. "So, I'll be going."

He sighed as he rubbed his arm. "I can't just let you leave you know? You're just a thirteen year-old girl. You're staying. Please!" He did his puppy dog face that, believe me, didn't help him but the other way around.

"I'll... I'll think about it." I muttered. Of course I won't, but he won't leave me alone if I declined. I will just  leave in the morning before he wakes up.

"Thank you!" he said, "Now shut up! Naruto's back!" He said gluing his eyes on the screen.

"Sure. Night." I muttered as I made my way upstairs.

I took a pen and a paper and wrote a note, explaining that I left and saying sorry for not telling him. I also thanked him and of course called him nerd. I will miss him so much...

"Alrighty then" I muttered. "Time to pack."

I packed a change of clothes, my phone and my IPod. I know, it's stupid just to pack one single change of clothes, but I'm too lazy. I also grabbed all of the money I had gathered. It was sufficient for at least 3 months. It was originally for school, since I thought my parents were eventually going to drop me out, but it's too late for that. I took a quick bath and got in my clothes (not pj's), I tied the bag to my waist and went to bed. Yes, I'm sleeping with the bag, because I plan on leaving first thing in the morning, same for the clothes.

"I wish I could just go to where I belong..."  I thought to myself as I fell asleep.