Chapter Twelve: Say you love me

Lil warnin this part will have some good ole make out session so woop woop also might be a really long chapter so bewareeee

Say you love me to my face
I need it more than your embrace
Just say you want me, that's all it takes

It had been two days since Mikael returned, alexa being her she wasn't sure if it was truly him and refused to talk to him or even be in his presence until the clave made sure it he was him and not valentine wearing a glamor or him being a spy for valentine. Rest assured it was a moment of weakness when she first saw him and practically cried her heart out as they held each other. In the hours it took to make sure her parabatai was himself she was an absolute mess mentally and physically; alec had to hold her close as she cried again and the whole night, they talked about other things to get her mind off of it. Alec was developing feelings for Magnus and the poor guy couldn't come to terms with the fact that he was gay nor having feelings for him at the same time; she found the irony of had been in love with Alec who now had feelings for her grandfather . He being alec ignored the feelings and focused on restoring his family name and title to the clave by marrying Lydia, Lydia was a nice person and kind hearted but saying yes to alec's proposal wasn't the smartest thing.

Shadowhunters followed with their head not heart of course but alexa felt that they could even for a moment follow their heart and do what makes them happy, alec marrying Lydia wasn't something alec would do but then herself marrying james wasn't something she would do either. Her and Alec were on the same boat of marrying for their families' sake.

It was morning time and Alexa was preparing Lydia for the wedding by doing her hair and makeup, Lydia had asked her be in her wedding and she couldn't say no, other shadowhunters were in the room and all over the institute making sure everything would be set. " Lexa can I talk to you now" turning around she saw Mikael standing in the doorway of the room, Lydia giving her a smile nodding to her. Alexa took a deep breath following Mikael to a hallway not far away from everyone. She refused to look up at Mikael the feelings she had repressed for him two years ago were blooming again and she hated it. Feeling a hand on her check Alexandra finally looked up at him, he was looking at her with a small smile plastered on his face " I hope it pleases you to know that I am me and not a spy for valentine, you look different you know since the last time we saw each other" Mikael gave a small chuckle before looking at alexa " Your getting married hu?.. look I know how you felt about me or how you feel about me now I just.. I just don't want you to getting married to james with the guilty conscious that your in love with me and I want you to know i felt the same way" Alexa stopped him tears filling in her eyes as her voice cracked " Then tell me Mikael, tell me you feel the same way, that you feel what I feel.... Tell me you love me and I'll call of the wedding, ill tell everyone that I'm not ready and want to get to know james better.. Mikael we can run away together just please tell me you feel the same". Her parabatai shook his head as his throat felt like it was tightening " Alexandra I can't" Alexandra shook hear head at him lightly gripping his face " You can Mikael please just tell me I can't marry knowing you feel the same way for me.. please" Instead of Mikael answering her he gripped her face kissing her hardly.

The two parabatai held on to each other as Mikael backed Alexa up against the wall, alexa herself wrapped her arms around his neck griping the back of his neck; Mikael's arms went around her back pushing her as humanly possible closer to him their lips moved in sink as every ounce of love they felt for each other poured in making the kissing and touching more frantic. Alexa pulled away after awhile her breath heavy as Mikael followed her lips before she stopped him " I wished for the longest time for this but I hope who ever has your heart next Mikael gives you the love I never could". And with that Alexandra Blackheart walked away her heart broken into pieces to be put together again.

But all that I've been thinking of
Is maybe that you might
Baby it looks as though we're running out of words to say
And love's floating away
Won't you stay?
Won't you stay?

Authors Note, 

EDITED: alexa is now magnus's granddaugter fyi