Chapter 12~ Dinner

(Draco)

Himly brought one of my mothers many dresses. It fit Hermione a little tight around her waist but magic could easily fix that. It was one of mothers lesser dresses that she chose not to wear anymore. As we began walking downstairs I turned to see her taking deep breaths trying to calm down.

Silently I grabbed her hand for the rest of the stairs.

She didn't pull back.

Once we made it to the main area we both let go. She walked a few steps behind me and kept her head low. I walked up to the dinning room and she stood behind me.

"Draco." Father said with a smile.

"Father." I said while nodding to him. "Mother." I said then followed the gesture.

Father was at the far end of the table with mother to his left. I walked in taking the seat to his right. Hermione followed behind me silently. She pulled the chair open for me first then sat herself next to me.

I hated this.

I should be doing this for her. Not the other way around.

"Miss. Malfoy." A house elf said in her squeaky little voice.

"Yes?" Mother answered.

"T..the...the meal is ready madam." She squeaked.

"Hold it for a moment we are expecting another guest." Mother said stiffly. There was a knock on the door outside causing mother to perk up. With a smile she said, "here they are. Go open the door for them." She ordered the elf.

I watched as the elf disappeared then came back with two figures.

"Madam Mr. Zabini and company have arrived." The elf said softly.

"Ah Blaise," Mother said fondly. Following silently behind him was no one other than Ginny Wesley, though she didn't act like she would before. She silently followed Blaise and took the seat next to him. The fire in the red heads eyes has been reduced. I remember in class her curses were those to fear. Now she seemed to be a shell of herself, yet defiance still held its look on her. I looked to Blaise who was across from Hermione. We shared a nod then looked to my mother to continue with the meal.

"Alright bring in the food now." Mother called.

"Yes madam." She called.

The food appeared in front of us all looking extravagant. I looked to Hermione to see if she as okay. I hope she knows about how this works. Hell she probably doesn't. If she messes up they will make me punish her. I do not want to do that.