pastortabitha - "The Chronicle of the Three: Bloodline"

Name of Author: Tabitha Caplinger

Title of Book: The Chronicle of the Three: Bloodline

Favorite Author: Harper Lee

Bio: Tabitha Caplinger has been in student ministry for 15 years, and currently pastors at Faith Community Church in House Springs, Missouri with her husband Brian. They have two sassy daughters, Lila and Rory. Student Ministry is core to who Tabitha is; she loves discipling others and helping them see themselves through Jesus' eyes. Her goal is for every young woman to #LiveChosen, confident that, "she is loved more than she will ever know by someone who died to know her." When not working, Tabitha and her family like taking in a good movie or walking through the park. She also admits to being a little (well, a lot) obsessed with TV.

Can you explain what your book is all about?

It's all about a girl, Zoe. She has lost her parents, moved to a small town to live with her aunt, and found out she is part of an ancient bloodline meant to fight evil. Also she can now see demons.

Who is your target audience - and why?

 I consider my work YA, so young adults are my target. As a youth pastor I have a passion for reaching young people, encouraging and teaching them so this is just another avenue for that.

What is 'paranormal' about your story?

Well, there are demons. And angels...but mostly demons. I consider it paranormal because it deals with things outside of our realm of existence.

Does it contain other genre elements, if so which ones - and why?

I think every story is more complicated than just one genre. This could be a little fantasy because of the parts that take place outside of our realm. Its spiritual because of the Christian themes. And there's a little romance thrown in there because who doesn't like just a little love.

Tell us about your writing process - how do you get from story idea to a Wattpad published story?

I could say I just had an idea and wrote it down. It's obviously more complicated than that. After writing the initial plot summary I worked up some information for my characters and then did an outline. Then it was one chapter at a time until it was finished. Then it was queried out to agents and publishers. Actually it was picked up by a publisher and released in 2015. I found out about Wattpad after that, while I was working on the sequel, and thought this was an awesome way to gain exposure and engage with new readers.

Did you encounter any challenges when writing, if so - how did you overcome them?

I have two little kids so trying to write and be a mom has it's own challenges. Writer's block also happens. Basically whether it was a block or distraction I just kept pushing through, making sure to write everyday, even if it was just a few words.

You often hear that 'writing well' is the baseline for success. What does that mean for you?

I think that you have to understand your craft (writing is a craft) in order to develop something that is enjoyable to others. Whether its character and plot development or even grammar and spelling, it all works together to make the story better.

One final question, this being the Paranormal genre: Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Well I've never seen a ghost, but I do believe in good and evil and that there is more going on than just what we can see.