"I just don't want you getting hurt. I know how much you love playing." She sympathized me.

"Mom I won't get hurt." I lied. I probably would. Injuries happen all the time but I was going to try to not let it happen in my life time. She stood for a while, angry that I might have changed her mind.

"I'm just about headed out." Dad came from the hall way with his work clothes on. He freaked when he received the death glare from my mom. "What did I do."

"OH, you just HAD to raise an athlete." She put her fist on her hip and gestured with her other hand towards me. "We could have raised a pianist or a ballerina. But you just had to come up with- wait no. Not an athlete, but a BALL-PLAYER."

His confused look had me wanting to snapchat it to all my friends (HAHA WHAT FRIENDS). "Where are you going with this? Because if it's an insult, it's not really working."

She sighed and rubbed her forehead. "If Nanami wants to play baseball. She can." I screamed and almost jumped on her. "WAIT." She put her hand up. I caught myself mid-air, frozen. "You have to keep your grades up all through high school. And if you ever so much have a jammed finger, I'm pulling you out of the game. Not your father, ME. You hear me?" Un-frozen. I wrapped my arms and legs around her.

"THANK YOU MOMMY THANK YOU SO MUCH." I jumped off and hugged my dad, soon running up the stairs. "I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!" I screamed and ran into my room.

I flopped on my bed burying my face into the pillow. I screamed so loud from happiness I'm sure the neighbors heard. My phone vibrated from inside my shorts and I pulled it out.

I almost died from not breathing. Megumi texted me.

Hey Nami. It's Megumi.

OMG I'M DEAD. I STOPPED BREATHING.

Have you talked to your parents about playing for the team?

I was in literally tears. I didn't know what to do. Should I call her or text her? Use emojis or not? I was panicking. Today had to be the single best day of my life.

HI MEGUMI-

No, that's too much.

Megumi!!

No, I sound like a fangirl.

What's up homie.

What am I thinking.

HEY WAT R U UP 2? ;)

Nanami, you need to stop.

It took me forever to figure out how to text her:

Hey Megumi! My parents said yes. I convinced my mom haha. :)

Not too shabby right? My phone dinged within seconds, and along with it, my hands freaked out and threw my phone off the bed by accident.

YASSSSSSS. That's awesome bro. Hey so tomorrow we're going to watch the boys play if you wanna join.

I'm going to tattoo YASSSSSSS on my butt now.

Sure! I'll have to ask my mom but I'm sure she'll say yes.

Awesome asparagus. See you tomorrow @ the high school field.

I sighed. This was truly a dream come true. Watching a baseball game with my idol sitting next to me. I fell asleep on the floor in the clothes that were stained with grass and a new beginning.

_____________________________________
Dear lord. I am so sorry for not posting anything. I've been busy with college softball and classes. I'm finally at my writing location (my grandmas HA). Literally I just whip anything up. I'll try to post more often now. Sorry!!!