0.07

The pictures are spread out and take up two pages. One is of everyone else and the scenery. Niall flips the page and then sees all the pictures of Louis.

"Even with this you didn't realize you loved him? There's like 20 pictures here," Niall says, looking at how the boy seemed to be radiating happiness.

"He's beautiful. As an artist, I can appreciate art," Harry replies smoothly and Niall looks up at him.

"So what's next?" Niall asks and Harry sucks in his bottom lip and his eyes seem to get watery.

"Next is my first kiss," Harry breathes and Niall wants to jump up and cheer but he can sense how sad Harry is. He wonders how this ends. Is Louis dead? The thought makes him feel sick and he prays that's not how it is. He'd feel awful if he made Harry tell him this all again just to tell him he died.

"Harry? Is Louis..." Niall trails off and Harry looks over at him from where he was staring into space.

"I don't know," Harry answers, knowing what he's asking.

"How do-"

"The story gets better here but also worse. It's a mess of emotions but I would still go back and kiss him again. I'd do it all again. Even this part here. Even the heartbreak," Harry cuts him off and Niall shuts his mouth and looks down at the photo album.

Pictures of ducks and flowers line the page. There's a picture of Louis laughing as a squirrel eats from his hand and then a picture of Harry in a tree.

"You'd still go back and love him even if you knew he wouldn't be here?" Niall questions and Harry is looking at the pictures and Niall can see so much love and hurt.

"Yeah. Even though I know there's nothing I could ever do to make him stay, I'd go back. Just to feel him kiss me again. Just to hear his laugh," Harry tells him. Niall licks his lips and let's out a small breath.

"Anyways, our first kiss..."

•••

"And here is the amazing park, which is where we brought the children today," Louis grins. Harry just smiles as they walk down the path and the gravel crunches under their feet. Louis invited him to come out to the park and then spend the night at his house after work. It's Friday and the two haven't seen each other in a week and a half.

"How was work? Good?" Harry asks. He brings his camera up and snaps a picture of a dog running with a giant stick in it's mouth. Louis is smiling at his movements and his hand brushes against Harry's every so often.

"Excellent. Me and Gabby went on the swings and then Zander got attacked by ducks. Overall it was successful," Louis is smiling so wide and the sun shines down and takes away the nip in the air.

"Is Zander okay?" Harry asks and Louis nods.

"Katie saved him. So how was your day? Father have you doing chores?" Louis asks. He kicks as a large rock in the path and Harry watches as it skitters ahead of them and then stops, waiting to be kicked again.

"It was alright. Nick came over and helped me with some things. We mostly just sat around though," Harry mumbles. Louis is looking at him and nodding his head.

"What about your friend Liam? He didn't come?" Louis questions and Harry likes how Louis remembers his friends names and actually pays attention to him.

"He had to work on his truck. Engine problems or something," Harry explains softly and Louis nods in understanding. The two fall into a comfortable silence and Harry snaps pictures of the gnarled trees and of Louis' small feet.